Exercise DVDs

Options
Which exercise DVDs would burn as much calories or close to what an elliptical burns (for me that is around 400 cal in an hour). I'm getting bored with the elliptical and the treadmill hurts my feet at times.

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Well most good dvds will burn that and maybe more. Because your doing weight bearing exercises which force you to work harder then just being on the elliptical. Jillian Michaels are all good. I have the Biggest loser cardio max and max sculpt and those are good too. I also have P90x and Insanity. I have started quite a collection and still use these from time to time. THey are all great. Remember Weight bearing exercises are going to force you to work harder example walking, jogging, jump jack jump rope, marching in place, step classes ect.
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I am loving Jillian Michaels Yoga Melt Down DVD......It's really toning my muscles and I feel like I've really worked out after 35 minutes!
  • leggymomma64
    leggymomma64 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Try Zumba....SOOOO much fun, but still a great workout. I was an elliptical machine lover too, but this was a nice change for me, so you might like it too.
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Turbo Fire! I have seen people burn over 1,000 in 45 minutes.
  • kmgross
    kmgross Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of the Leslie Sansone walking DVDs. They are great if you don't have a lot of space to exercise in, and its very easy to either take the work-out up a notch or down depending on what your needs are, and some work outs also incorporate upper body resistance exercises. I'm not too coordinated, and even I find that the moves in her DVDs are easy to pick up!
  • jrsmithne
    jrsmithne Posts: 124
    Options
    I have Insanity and Turbofire. I love them both, but they are very different. Turbofire took me a little while to catch on to, there are routines to learn, Insanity, I just jumped right into. Both very good cardio workouts!!
  • bosanka
    bosanka Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels
    Billy Blanks- any of his dvd's are good.

have about 30 dvd's never get bored by the time one of them comes 2. time arround it''s been " a while :)
  • ElaineDianne70
    ElaineDianne70 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hard core cardio: Insanity or TurboFire by Beachbody. I have to admit that TurboFire is more fun tho!
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Most of the workouts I have have sessions that are about 40 - 45 minutes - I do get pretty decents burn from Turbo Jam, Shaun T Rockin' Body and Zumba DVD's.. I have the Leslie Sansome Walking DVDs as well and I like them too.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I agree with Turbo Jam. I burn between 400-550 calories per hour (depending on my fitness level). It's a blast too!