Am i a dieter or a keep fit case?

Options
i have just about got to my goal weight thanks to this site--i am 47years old -5ft 9 and weigh 73kgs-160lbs--i went down to 152lbs but looked too thin--i am happy with my size now and get lots of positive feed back from colleagues--even my wife who hated how i looked at 152lbs etc.-
-i belong to a gym and recently due to the lack of weightloss goal i have stopped regular attendence but i am keeping an eye on my diet and weight. i keep my calory count at 1600 which should loose me ,5 of a lb a week but i am not over 'strict' -i want to know which direction i should go now?--i have no problem holding my weight steady with my normal diet and i am fit enough for my job as a teacher. İ enjoy the feeling the gym gives me after but because i worked so hard losing the weight i feel over done!--the thought of the gym is worse than the reality--i went for the 1st time this morning after a 4 week break and really enjoyed it--but need a target to keep my focus--excuse me for waffling but i hope you understand!--any comments gladly received

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Maybe set a goal to get stronger, and start lifting heavier weights. Or set a running goal on the treadmill like a sub 20 min 5K. Congrats on the progress and good luck.
  • CroakerNorge
    CroakerNorge Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand what you're asking BUT I say, do what works for you.
  • HippyGalore
    HippyGalore Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You need to look for a sport that lets you make use of how fit you got at the gym - for example, if you did a lot on the bike - mountain biking. It wasn't all about how you look - why did you want to lose weight, were any of your reasons so you could do X, Y and Z - then do them. You have the world of wetsuit based sports at your disposal now you like how you look!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    You have to remember that exercise is not just about weight loss. It's about cardio health, for one thing. It is also good for keeping your mind young (yoga, specifically, has been shown to reduce instances of Alzheimer's and other dementia in older people). It also keeps your bones strong (yes, this is important to men, too) and as you age, it will keep you from having falls, broken bones and many other age-related ailments.

You don't have to kill yourself. Maybe a half hour of light cardio and some ligh weights just to keep you healthy.