Stripping for Exercise??

Options
Morning all my weight loss wonders. I've recently noticed in my town that they are offering a pole/chair dancing class. I've heard really good things about it regarding weight loss, but I'm not sure what all it entails. The instructor said it revolves around 'being sensual' which is all well and good, but I don't want to spend all that money just to improve my bedroom eyes. So.....anyone out there try it? Thoughts?

Replies

• TheNewJessieMae
    Options
    I think it's wonderful. I had a free session once and was so dang sore afterward it was awesome. In places that regular workouts just don't get!!! And don't worry-you don't have to take your clothes off. lolol. But it is a great work out, and so is belly dancing!
  • IngeS18
    IngeS18 Posts: 36
    Options
    I've been considering this as well. Unfortunately there's no class available where I am at the moment.
    I hear it's a really intense work-out, it tones your body and makes you more flexible. So you could say it's like a sensual Yoga class

I would definitely sign up for it if I were you.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    If there was a class somewhere around me..i would DEF take it.
  • karlamw
    karlamw Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    There is also videos call Flirty Girl Fitness...They offer a class on it at a local gym here and eveyone says it is a GREAT workout :)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Morning all my weight loss wonders. I've recently noticed in my town that they are offering a pole/chair dancing class. I've heard really good things about it regarding weight loss, but I'm not sure what all it entails. The instructor said it revolves around 'being sensual' which is all well and good, but I don't want to spend all that money just to improve my bedroom eyes. So.....anyone out there try it? Thoughts?

I haven't done it, but there's a fitness studio here that offers it and I toured the place and considered joining. I do ballet and was a tapper and jazz dancer in the past. So, from that perspective, I can tell you that dance will get you into great shape. It's awesome exercise.

From what I've seen, the pole/stripper dance fitness craze looks like it would be really good. I didn't join because of cost, not because I didn't think it would work. Just consider the muscles you have to have to wrap your legs around those poles and hang!
  • CharityD
    CharityD Posts: 193
    Options
    A girl I work with is a Pole instructor-just sounds funny saying it :laugh: She is in great shape and attributes it to the pole, says it's a fantastic workout. If there is ever any doubt of the strength required....check out polechamp.com
    Don't wory-it's not dirty! Just the world champ doing some crazy poses in a swim suit.
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    Aren't most strippers in fairly good shape? Just asking....Never been in such an establishment.
  • rml_16
    Options
    Aren't most strippers in fairly good shape? Just asking....Never been in such an establishment.

I wouldn't say "most." And I have been in such an establishment ... a few times.

*blushes*

I'll advise you all not to ever touch Canadian paper cash, though. You never know where it's been.
  • TheNewJessieMae
    Options

ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Two years ago for Christmas, my husband bought me a Carmen Electra Stripercise DVD - it's been sitting in my underwear drawer since then!! LOL! I KNOW he didn't buy it for me for my weight loss issues (LOL!) but I may pull it out of the drawer soon and give it a whirl. :-)
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    A girl I work with is a Pole instructor-just sounds funny saying it :laugh: She is in great shape and attributes it to the pole, says it's a fantastic workout. If there is ever any doubt of the strength required....check out polechamp.com
    Don't wory-it's not dirty! Just the world champ doing some crazy poses in a swim suit.

WOW I looked at polechamp.com pic gallery and I would bust my butt if I tried to do that right now:noway: :laugh: . But I would love to try that after I lose the first 50 lbs.....the hubby would like it as well, and I bet the exercise would continue in the bedroom!:blushing: :blushing: :love: :love:
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I wonder how many views this topic got simply from the title, lol!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,051 Member
    Options

Many are... or at least that is what I have read about...:glasses:
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    One of my good friends was in a pole class for 2 years. It is intense. In the first classes, you don't even touch the pole, at least in this particular class. But then you start swinging around it, more simpler moves. Then moving up to moves called 'superman' where your legs are crossed around the pole about 2-3 feet off of the ground and your arms are stretched out in front of you.

It definitely builds up your upper strength and tones your muscles. I never joined because of the costs. If you can afford it, I would join!
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Two years ago for Christmas, my husband bought me a Carmen Electra Stripercise DVD - it's been sitting in my underwear drawer since then!! LOL! I KNOW he didn't buy it for me for my weight loss issues (LOL!) but I may pull it out of the drawer soon and give it a whirl. :-)
    I've used that video a few times before - not so great for a workout, but it was fun. :tongue: It was hard to be serious and use it as a workout when me & a few of my girlfriends did it together & were giggling fools bc of how silly it was :laugh:

I bet an actual class would be a great workout though!
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options

...but I've seen them on the news reports on TV and stuff... :wink:
  • christina1109
    Options

I wouldn't say "most." And I have been in such an establishment ... a few times.

*blushes*

I'll advise you all not to ever touch Canadian paper cash, though. You never know where it's been.

You can pretty much say that about ANY paper cash.
  • rml_16
    Options

*blushes*

You can pretty much say that about ANY paper cash.

Because of the laws in strip clubs in the US, it's less likely that US cash has been where Canadian cash has been.

I suppose I could be wrong. :-)

I use my debit card mostly, anyway!
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    I say go for it! I hear it's a great work out!
  • AEROBICVIC
    AEROBICVIC Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    just do it! i taught a striptease class at our gym for a few years and it was one of the most popular classes. we did it with class, no clothes taken off. it was the BEST leg workout! i had all ages of women in class. i turned lights down, had disco ball and colored lights dancing around the room. everyone who came in for class had a desire to dance sexy and let her hair down but would NEVER do it in public so they would come in with their girlfriends to laugh and have a good time. i wanted to get some poles in the studio but for insurance liabilty reasons, we didn't but i hear it is a great workout and the chair routines are fun. we used our body wt bars as "mini poles" and had a blast. the girls would get creative and bring in boas, ties and props. it's a lot of fun!