Just Found This Site

Options
Hi everyone! My name is Danielle and I'm new to MFP but not new to weight loss. I found this site after I downloaded the tracking app to my phone. About 7 months ago I decided to get serious about getting healthy so I treated myself to a gym membership and a personal trainer after spending most of my 35 years as a professional couch potato. I had done Weight Watchers with no exercise a few years ago and managed to lose 50lbs but after gaining most of it back then having a baby I figured it was time to try something different. Now in addition to a vastly improved diet, I also workout 6 days a week (come heck or highwater!)

So here I am after losing almost 30lbs, losing several lbs of body fat and gaining several lbs of lean muscle and improving my BMI, stuck at a plateau. Technically I still have about 30lbs to lose to get to my goal weight so I decided to start tracking my calories more closely and start training for a 1/2 marathon. I was looking for an alternative to Weight Watchers so I could save some of that money and that's what brought me here.

I love the way this site tracks not only calories but actual nutrition as well. I've been lurking around the boards here and see so many helpful friendly people... I hope to spend a lot of time here getting and giving support! :)

Replies

• superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    WELCOME! We're so glad you're here and will be with you every step of the way.

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charmagne
  • mismgl83
    mismgl83 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Welcome and goodluck! I love MFP, its really a great way to keep track of what you're eating, even if you have a bad day (it happens!). I am working out with a trainer too and am loving that as well, there is nothing better than someone pushing you to do more or work harder.

-MM:smile:
  • Supa817
    Supa817 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thanks guys!!