15 pounds by June 28

Options
Hey guys, I'm currently 170 lbs, but I'd like lose 15 pounds (about 2x a week) by my vacation on June 28. Doing the math, however, my 2 pounds a week weight loss puts me at a net calorie total of about 1078, which according to most the people on here is too low. So I'm trying to figure out my eating/working out ratio and need some help. Should I eat like 1400 and burn a little over 300 daily? Does that make it any better? Is this doable? Has anyone had any success from any plans they used to try to get similar results? Thanks!

Replies

• Forty6and2
    Forty6and2 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    What is your height?

At 170, you are probably close to a healthy weight range and should be losing about .5 to 1 pound AT MOST until you reach your goal weight. Hate to be a wet blanket, but I'm going to say that your goal is neither sustainable nor healthy and you should try for a lower weight loss rate.
  • jennahaines108
    jennahaines108 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". And technically, I'm at the highest end of the overweight scale and bordering on obese.
  • Bonnies411
    Bonnies411 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do not crash diet. Focus on toning up so you lose inches. That's what I would do anyway. . .
  • jennahaines108
    Options
    I didn't know 2 lbs a week required crash dieting. I would understand maybe if I was thinner already.
  • dmenchac
    dmenchac Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    1100 calories is a crash diet lol
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I never thought 2 lbs. a week was too much weight to lose in a week, either.
  • dmenchac
    Options
    I never thought 2 lbs. a week was too much weight to lose in a week, either.

It is when you only have 15 lbs to lose.

You are severely handicapping your calorie intake because you need a 1000 calorie deficit every day. Her TDEE is probably like 1800 which means she can only eat 800 per day to lose 2 lbs a week (just an example)
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    I noticed on her profile , her goal weight is 135 and she is only 5'4 which sounds good. No I agree she dont need to eat only 800 calories. But 2lbs isn't too much , I don't feel it's that impossible , without hurting yourself.
  • jennahaines108
    Options
    Yeah, again, I actually did the calculations. Essentially, I'd be netting about 1100 calories to lose 2 lbs a week, not 800. And that doesn't mean I'd be eating 1100, considering I work out too. I'd probably eating between 1300-1400.
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Well good luck, and I hope you have a great vacation.
  • dmenchac
    Options
    Yeah, again, I actually did the calculations. Essentially, I'd be netting about 1100 calories to lose 2 lbs a week, not 800. And that doesn't mean I'd be eating 1100, considering I work out too. I'd probably eating between 1300-1400.

Its all about how much you net. If you eat 5000 and burn 4500, you only net 500. The 5000 you ate doesn't really matter.

1100 calories is just low and you are more likely to gain the weight back because instead of teaching yourself moderation, you aren't teaching yourself much of anything.

I don't really mind though. There are people who net 1100 calories.