Bread Lover

Options
Being an Italian American my love for bread, pasta and kinds of carbs runs deep. At first I thought the idea of swtiching totally to whole grain would be awful, but I am finding the whole wheat options to be must tastier than regular white flour breads. I was also very excited to discover Sandwich thins and Bagel thins, they are a life saver for a carb lover!!! But I did learn the hard way that even if I am eating whole wheat sandwich thins, moderation is still key! Oops!

Thank heaven for sandwich and bagel thins!!

-MM:flowerforyou:

Replies

• logiesmom
    logiesmom Posts: 142
    Options
    I LOOOOOVVVEEE breads and pastas!!! I have a huge sweet tooth too. I discovered the sandwich thins last week and I find them to be tastier than regular bread and so much softer!!! Sooo thankful for these!!!
  • sanrog
    sanrog Posts: 68
    Options
    I love the bagel thins and sandwich thins. I eat one every morning toasted with 1 tbsp. peanut butter. The sprouted bread is also very yummy. Ezekiel has a cinnamon raisin sprouted bread that is also great.
  • TennVolsGal
    TennVolsGal Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm a bread lover to so much so that I would rather a carb like bread or pasta over any sweet:love: ! I know weird huh. Try this bread.....natures own honey wheat.....its great 35 cals per slice and 3 times the fiber. That means a whole sandwich is only 70 cals!! I love this stuff and it was great because Walmart actually has it. I live in a small town so finding something like this was the best.
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    OMG! I love bread! I switched to wheat a while ago, but until I got on here, I had no idea that whole wheat was better.
  • mismgl83
    mismgl83 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    TennVolsGal - I am definitely going to try the honey wheat bread, thanks for the suggestion! I would also prefer bread over sweets....my perfect meal would be a nice crusty italian bread, assorted cheeses and a glass of cabernet so I totally get it!:wink:
  • sutehi
    sutehi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Life without bread simply isn't worth living! My "diet" strategy for most things is to that I can only have it if I make it myself. This usually results in healthy options and moderation. But where bread is concerned, homemade results in me eating a whole loaf in one sitting >_<
  • naguilar210
    Options
    I can seriously eat an entire dozen breadsticks from olive garden! LOL
    I love love love bread and its so hard to resist sometimes!
  • naguilar210
    Options
    I'm a bread lover to so much so that I would rather a carb like bread or pasta over any sweet:love: ! I know weird huh. Try this bread.....natures own honey wheat.....its great 35 cals per slice and 3 times the fiber. That means a whole sandwich is only 70 cals!! I love this stuff and it was great because Walmart actually has it. I live in a small town so finding something like this was the best.

YES! This is the bread, only 70 calories for the two slices, and when I wanna splurge, I do a club sandwich and add that third bread LOL so yummy!