Wii users, opinions please

Options
MzBug
MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
So the boyfriend and I are getting a Wii. Neither of us have ever been into game systems and such so we need some assistance here. What all do we need to get? I find different accesories and extra equipment to be rather confusing. What all do you have to have for 2 people to play games....such as driving games, tennis, war games, and maybe pool? Motion thingy? Wired or remote? One controller or 2? I am getting the Wii fit for myself, or should I get the Wii fit plus? Do I need the step as well as the balance board? The mat?

Thanks!

Replies

• NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    You don't need the mat or a lot of the accessories to play. For example the wheel is fun, but you can play with the controller the same way. If you want friends over you can get more controllers. Or they can bring theirs over. But you need the board for a lot of things like wii fit plus. You will want at least 2 controllers with numchucks and get the chargers. Any mario game is fun. Mario cart, etc...
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    We have a wii. We've got two wireless remotes with a charging stand, two nunchucks (those are necessary for some of the wii fit games) and a balance board. For the driving games, you might need a wheel; I'm not sure, but what we have is sufficient for anything on wii fit. I prefer wii fit plus because it tells you how many calories you've burned and it has all the normal wii fit exercises with some extra (hence the plus), you can make up little workout routines for yourself and even weigh your child or cat on it! What you buy will depend on how much you use it. I'd start small, and add as you go, because you might, like I did, get completely bored with it and just end up using it to weigh yourself.
  • gemzy24
    gemzy24 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    If your planning on using the wii for weight loss i highly reccomend the Wii sports active it comes with leg strap and resistance band it is a very good weight loss game mainly just 2 controllers 2 nunchucks charging station for controllers and wii fit with board mainly all games can be played with these accessories the extras are really not that essential ;-)
  • aimeew8
    Options
    Wii is very user friendly I have wii the console come with a wii sports game, wii fit balane borad is sold separtely its lot of fun it track all the updates using graphs you can get the game to start with and as you go along collect the add ons, but it all what you want to get out of it wii fit tracks calories has lots of very active games, fun way to burn calories I like playing with friends and family its so easy my 4 y.o can play!:happy:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    The main idea is to get both of us up off the couch! I go out walking now and use resistance bands, he got a more sedentary job and is not as active as he was. With winter cold and snow coming neither of us wants to go outside, and we have no room for a treadmill or other equipment, so we decided on the Wii. We both like competition to a degree, but if it isn't fun he won't do it. Any suggestions on games? Thanks!