WEIGHTLOSS

I currently weigh 154lbs and am 5'5.5, my goal is to lose 30 pounds, but that is over time. My short term goal at the moment is to lose 10 pounds by July, I was wondering how likely that is. I've also noticed that it's harder for me to lose weight in my thighs than in my tummy, my tummy is flat but I have thighs that are getting stretch marks, i was wondering what type of cardio/exercises I should focus on to really help lose some of my thigh weight.

Replies

• SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Since you don't have much to lose, ideally you want to lose no faster than 1 lb a week or so. As you get leaner, quicker weight loss often can result in "skinny fat", as you have a higher chance of risking muscle loss along with fat, rather than just fat loss. Mirror always wins against the scale. Focus on measurements and how you look.

You can't spot reduce fat, where we lose is genetic. Heavy lifting and a good amount of protein (1g per pound of lean body mass, ideally) will help retain the muscle you currently have and make you look leaner at your goal weight. Here's a good read

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants