Hello new to myfitnesspal but needs help braking this weight

Options
Hi tomorrow will be my first week using myfitnesspal and liking it but i have a question? In the first 3 days i lost 2 ponds eating my calories and doing my cardio where i have extra calories that I dont use! But in the last two days i gain a 1.2 pounds back but I am still on track for my 1/2 pound lost per week and i still do my cardio's should i be corcern? Any suggestion

Replies

• groucherella
    Options
    Tracking progress on a daily basis can lead to nervous breakdowns lol I'd stick to once a week.
  • christina1109
    Options
    I wouldn't be concerned, but I would stay away from the scale on a daily basis. It could also be the food you eat, if you have high sodium counts you could be retaining more water.
  • NatalieWinning
    NatalieWinning Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Keep going! Your body won't want to let go of pounds! We are designed to keep them! You will begin to loose again if you keep going. Exercise, extra salt, hormones, other things can make you hold on to water temporarily, too. So get your body measurements into MFP to check your progress as well as your weight. Don't get discouraged. I regularly hold on to weight, then drop some, eventuallly.
  • lmvince
    lmvince Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Muscle gain or water retention. Some people on this sight have said that they gained a few pounds after a serious work out.
  • digitalyssa
    digitalyssa Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have a scale that measures body fat, bone mass, muscle mass and body water, as well as I measure and weigh myself on a weekly basis. It's easy to obsess about the scale on a daily basis, but try not to let it get to you. Other measurements might also give you a better indication of your progress.

Hang in there!
  • naguilar210
    Options
    I wouldnt worry too much about it, hun.
    I once gained 4 pounds after a weekend, then was down those 4 pounds plus another the next day!
    SERIOUS WATER RETENTION or something hehe.
    Good luck to you.
    Try weighing in once a week, your mind will thank you.
  • mmatteson
    Options
    I track my weight on a daily basis only because it helps me stay focused on what is going into my mouth. If I notice a slight increase in weight, I review the previous day's log to determine what better choices I could make and I increase my water intake. It can be frustrating when you see the gain; however, for me it's a motivator to keep going and not give up. Another thought may be to switch up your excersise.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Could just be water weight. Try to watch your sodium intake. Drinking enough water will help to flush out extra sodium. I would only step on the scale 1-2 times per week because daily fluctuations can be really discouraging. Don't let the scale beat you up! This is a lifestyle change, not a diet. You will see awesome results over time, take it slow and steady. Stay on track. Exercise! Working out builds muscle, which weighs more than fat, and also burns more calories. The longer you do this the fitter and lighter you will become!
  • iAlly
    iAlly Posts: 66
    Options
    Hi tomorrow will be my first week using myfitnesspal and liking it but i have a question? In the first 3 days i lost 2 ponds eating my calories and doing my cardio where i have extra calories that I dont use! But in the last two days i gain a 1.2 pounds back but I am still on track for my 1/2 pound lost per week and i still do my cardio's should i be corcern? Any suggestion

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/iAlly
  • juanita4471
    Options
    Good tips you guys gave - very incouraging and can keep a person motivated! I'm listing too! It's my first week as well! :happy: