Got Protein?

Options
BobbiRor
BobbiRor Posts: 2 Member
I am new to the site so I am sorry if this topic has been discussed already. I seem to be having trouble reaching my protein goal, any suggestions? I should throw in here that I have a sever allergy to all berries, so I cannot do any protein shakes or recipes that have berries in them. Thank you in advance for your suggestions

Replies

• laurenawolf
    laurenawolf Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Egg whites
    Turkey
    Chicken
    Protein Bars
  • TheStephil
    TheStephil Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt, cheese, protein bars, protein shakes, chicken, turkey, beef, meat, etc.

In the beginning I had to plan out what food I need to hit my protein goal then once that was hit, pick the rest of the food for the day. Now its second nature to me and I do a good job of picking high protein foods out of habit.
  • redtreediary
    redtreediary Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Bigger servings of meat helped me quite a bit.

Things that helped a little: greek yogurt, cottage cheese if I am in the mood, water soluble collagen (it's not a *complete* protein, but it's good for your joints, so why the heck not?)

I also eat beans, eggs, and cheese, and veggies have some protein, usually.

But mostly: more meat. I don't know if you're actually weighing your meat servings, but you might be eating more meat now than you think you are. That whole "palm sized" thing isn't the greatest eyeball technique for me.
  • illuvatree
    illuvatree Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Quinoa and lentils!
  • Taiser
    Taiser Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Protein shake made from whey. Pretty cheap at Walmart. About 25$ here for a good size tub. Has 25 grams per scoop! :)
  • BobbiRor
    BobbiRor Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies and Taiser, all wonderful ideas.