What to do when Injured

Options
I am currently on the sidelines from work and working out because I tore my rotator cuff. I find it a lot harder now to stay motivated. Anyone else in this kind of situation (injured)?

Replies

• sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    My brother did this before and ignored it, trying to keep working out. I would recommend to rest it, watch what you're eating, and do some cardio when you feel up to it to keep your body active and moving. I know it's frustrating to not be able to work out like you want. Just think of it this way, you have to treat your body right, which is the whole point of being healthy and fit in the first place, so now you have to shift gears to help yourself recover before you get back to your regular goals. Good luck and hope you feel better!
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Rest, recovery, treatment.

Do a work out that doesn't involve the injured part. Keep a closer eye on intake.
  • Seabee74
    Seabee74 Posts: 314
    Options
    I had a serious back injury 14 years ago which has been doing fine until I started running in December ... I now have a lot of pain and my exercising is pretty much nonexistent... I bought my self a fitbit which helps and is very encouraging.. I am able to walk most of the time so I do that when I can.. The biggest thing is to maintain a calorie deficit so you can keep losing weight without exercise.. I've lost about half my weight without exercising !!! You can still do this, make sure you keep doing something no matter how little and always remember to keep eating at a calorie deficit ! Hope that helped !