Sugar

Options
What is the amount of Sugar you are suppose to have a day to lose weight??

Replies

• MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Do you have a medical reason to worry about sugar?
    If not, eat normal and at a deficit and don't worry about sugar and you will lose weight.
  • BigT555
    BigT555 Posts: 2,067 Member
    Options
    enough to keep cravings at bay, but not so much that you go over your calorie goal

some people will disagree but for most a calorie is a calorie, if you account for it in your daily totals then there is no problem with indulging a little :)
  • slmahrt
    slmahrt Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    ok well on my fitness pal it gives you so much to have and when you go over it its red so thought its bad if you went over. Just wondered thanks!!
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    ok well on my fitness pal it gives you so much to have and when you go over it its red so thought its bad if you went over. Just wondered thanks!!

Nah don't worry about that. The only ones you should care about really is carbs, fat, and protein. But don't worry if you don't hit them every day. It's more like a guideline not an absolute must.
  • kmash32
    kmash32 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    What I try to do most days is not go over what MFP gives me in processed sugars. So I am usually in the red but so long as that red number isn't higher than the sugar I have eaten from natural sources like fruits and veggies I don't worry about it. I should also say that I am insulin resistant and my glucose levels are at the best they have been in years.