tips for retaining water??

Options
I am really frustrated because I'm pretty sure I have lost weight but I am retaining water so badly that the scales won't move (at least they aren't going up). I've been drinking lemon water first thing in the morning because that is supposed to help and I've been drinking mint tea because the mint is supposed to sooth the stomach too. I had my gall bladder out 3 years ago so that probably doesn't help. Any thoughts? I'd love to see the scales move.

Replies

• Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    Bump - I'm curious as well...
  • tessb84
    tessb84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    maybe you are consuming to much sodium, that will make you retain water
  • jdsouthernbelle
    Options
    1) Try reducing your Sodium below 2000mg
    2) Up your water intake to at least 10-12 cups a day (w/lemon)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    The more you drink the less water you will retain. So head for the tap!

Also when it is my TOTM I find that if I exercise every day I don't retain, but if I take it easy I see a good 3-5lb of water weight on the scale. I HATE working out at that time, but its worth it if the scale stays the same or even goes down.
  • superstarcassie
    superstarcassie Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    How much water are you drinking? I usually drink 3 to 4 liters a day. I notice that I have my best weigh ins when I drink a lot of water. Also, how are your sodium levels? Keep it low and that will help too! Best of luck!!
  • daniface
    daniface Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    it may sound strange but drink more water. a usual cause of water rentention is lack of water. Your body is trying to hold onto every ounce it has. cheers.
  • Lithuria
    Lithuria Posts: 132
    Options
    I agree with the above two...our bodies go into famine mode if there arent enough calories and so retain as much as it can in fat....the same goes for water, if there isn't enough it'll just retain what it can because it thinks theres a drought :)
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    I've been retaining water like crazy (I'm 8 months pregnant). I've upped my water intake consistently and dropped 7lbs in just a few days (all water I'm sure, I can see a huge difference in my ankles and calves).
  • kassondral123
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I've upped my water big time today so we will see...