That dang Gnocchi!

Options
There is a small italian restaurant/ bakery across the street from where I work. They have a website but absolutely no nutrition facts what so ever on it, and not even in the restaurant. When I go, which is very rarely, I get a half serving of potato gnocchi, that has creamy tomato sauce on it. I have no idea how much calories is in it! I can't find anything on MFP that would be similar, because I don't know the exact serving size their giving me, only that a medium sized plate full. Anyone have any ideas on how much cals? I've been craving it like crazy

Replies

• veronicacannon
    veronicacannon Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    You can buy potato gnocchi at most grocery stores... maybe get nutrition facts from that and estimate? It's just one meal anyway! :)
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Why not make it at home? You can buy gnocchi now at most groceries and you could buy either plain pasta sauce and add your own cream or even buy a creamy one and then you would know exactly what you are getting. Or, have it and call it a treat night guessing as best you can off of the store brands on what you are getting.
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    If you can, get it take out and weigh it at home to see exactly how much you are getting. Sauce has weight as well, so subtract some from the overall weight and find something on the database for a creamy sauce with about as much as you think is on there. It's hard to find out what is in the recipe since it's a local place, but you can always ask them what they use in the sauce so you can get a better idea. Just say a friend has allergies and you want to know, usually they'll be accommodating.

Hope that helps!
  • ThinkInOregon
    ThinkInOregon Posts: 283
    Options
    The packaged gnocchi I have is 190 cal for a 4 oz serving, with 44 g carbs. A visual estimate is a layer 1 inch thick and the size of a credit card. Its pretty dense stuff. But worth every bite!

Enjoy your meal, estimate for the sauce or find a sauce fairly similar. You don't do this every day, so enjoy your meal!!