Stinking Merica' Food

Options
I was losing so much weight and at a healthy pace in a healthy way while I was overseas. The food in the different countries was so much healthier, not so many preservatives and it wasn't as processed. Even bread lasted for only 3 days. I come back to the States and wham! Gained almost 3o pounds of a 70 pound weight loss! This makes me want to cry. I'm desperate to go back to the way things were and be healthy, that's the most important part. I'm here to do just that and hope to gain some support to get back on track!

Replies

• BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You can eat healthy in America. Healthy food is everywhere. Period. We are a country of many options.

MURICA WHOO!!!!

Good luck getting back on track. You can do it!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Weight gain happens from over consumption. For some reason people coming to/back to America have this idea that portion size is equal to that of other countries.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • HerkMeOff
    HerkMeOff Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    It's not the foods fault
    It's not 'Merica's fault.

Hold yourself accountable, this will be a lot easier.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    It's not the foods fault
    It's not 'Merica's fault.

Hold yourself accountable, this will be a lot easier.

Exactly

Good luck.
  • Blackhawk19D
    Blackhawk19D Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I lived in Germany for 3 years and visit my family there every other year. I gain weight every time I go back there. In part because I miss the food and because it is so rich and wonderful. Merica has GREAT food, and in fact many of the same foods can be found here as in other countries. You just have to act like you live in those other countries to find them. Excmple: Grocery stores aren't generally open 24 hours or even late at night, they are also 1/2 the size, so that means you have to Meal plan. Fresh baked good bread? Find a local bakery or even go for the organic stuff you can find at safeway. With the current exchange rate (at least with the Euro) you are coming out ahead. Want a juicy fat Steak, shop for the size that is available in other countries. They typically don't have the Costco sized 3 inch Rib Eye, they have a much smaller sized thinner cut of organic dead cow. Also available at a comparable price. Learn how to make soup and salad and don't buy products that are labeled lowfat or half fat. Most European Countries and many others use real cream and real milk and real butter. It tastes better, is better for you and it will hopefully remind you to eat less. Use fresh veggies from a Farmers market and make enough to last 4 meals. The problem isn't our food, the problem is that you have gotten used to the convenience that comes with being in our Country.