More weightloss=more cravings??

Options
I'm having a really tough time. As you can see by my ticker, I have lost alot of weight. But it seems like over the past couple months I have more cravings and more slip-ups. On day I'm motivated then the next I'm like well I slipped up there goes the day. I feel stuck and discouraged and like I have to start over like every other day. Has anybody else had this problem after a big weight loss? It seems worse than it was than when I first started.

Replies

• _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Not in the same situation, but many people (regarding any goal) when they have accomplished a huge part of their goal become complacent. They become content and think "well close enough" then remember they still have more to accomplish. This can either feel overwhelming or be a kick in the pants to get them going. It may work to congratulate yourself for the work you have done, accept this is the new you and reset your goal, start new and view it as a new journey with the knowledge that you have the strength and determination to meet your goals (you already did it once). People also have a tendency of sabotaging themselves especially if they accomplish something that at one point was overwhelming.

Congrats 68lbs is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud, now get your butt into gear and hit the next goal. Start now with a new slate.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    I'm having a really tough time. As you can see by my ticker, I have lost alot of weight. But it seems like over the past couple months I have more cravings and more slip-ups. On day I'm motivated then the next I'm like well I slipped up there goes the day. I feel stuck and discouraged and like I have to start over like every other day. Has anybody else had this problem after a big weight loss? It seems worse than it was than when I first started.

I had that issue in the past which is why the weight came back. I believe in you to stay motivated in your weight lost journey. Have a craving isn't a bad thing just eat less calories also on those days and you can still have those fatty foods we all love.
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    There's a biological reason for this btw. It's one of the main reasons why rapid weight loss through crash diets/fast diets cause people to rebound so quickly.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I´ve been very disciplined tha last months and lost 20kg since december 2013. Now I´m not too serious and obsessed with it anymore... I go over my limit and don´t give a crap about it... Fortunately yet I´m still losing... Not sure how long I will stay that lucky though.

My theorie abouto this is, that it became less important for me to lose weight, because I don´t feel sick anymore. My BMI is almost normal and my life became so active... So losing weight lost it´s pol position priority for me... Simple like this... I guess I need to see the scale giving me results, unless I will start it more serious again :-D

Good luck to you!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    What's your calorie deficit? I could be because you've been in a sustained calorie deficit for a long time and your body is literally telling you it needs more food to survive. In combination with that, you could also be lacking in certain vitimins or minerals. A trip to the Doctor for some blood work may help. You may also want to go on a diet break and eat at maintenance for a few weeks or, if you're calorie deficit is large, you could try a less agressive calorie deficit.
  • dena789
    dena789 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I think someone nailed it when they said "complacency", for me at least. I had lost 75 pounds and have regained 30 of that back! It started out by not bothering to weigh and measure things. Then, I began adding in all those treats I had stopped having and I quit logging in my food diary. I figured I was "there" so I didn't have to work so hard anymore... Well, it's time to get back at it! Weigh, measure and log - everything! Even the 'bad' stuff! Oh, and drink more water!!