Where am I going wrong?

Options
Hi all,

I was bulimic for 6 years until I decided I wanted it to stop a few months ago. I am now 3 months and a week clean from binging and purging and learning to eat healthily and control linking my emotions to food.

Understandably, when I first stopped, my weight went up, but since then it had started to come down and I was happy with the progress I was making ( at my highest I was 9 stone 9 and came down to 9 stone 1). However last week I had a chest infection and was placed on amoxicillin tablets and my weight has gone back up to just shy of 9 stone 5. I really don't know where I'm going wrong, I drink a lot of water a day and try to eat healthily, I don't deny myself treats so as not to spark any binges.

My diary is open, if anyone can suggest anything it would be greatly appreciated.

x

Replies

• snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if the medication is making you retain some water weight. I'd wait at least a week after you've finished it before worrying about your progress, it looks like you're doing great so far :)
  • tl_dr
    tl_dr Posts: 96
    Options
    I think it is sound advice to not worry about your weight while you're recovering, as hard as that sounds. Your body can do some weird stuff when it's trying to repair itself, not to mention the side effects your medication could be causing.

Just focus on taking care of yourself for now. It is probably just from water retention, but even if you did gain a pound or two, don't fret. It will come back off in good time. :flowerforyou:
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Being sick and on medications can wreak havoc on you body. I would just accept it, and get back to what you were doing, since it was working well for you.

Allan
  • Ferrous_Female_Dog
    Ferrous_Female_Dog Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    You were sick just last week. Don't obsess over the scale that much. Maybe weighing in just once a month would be healthier for you.