I get up. I get down.

Options
Some days I am so proud of myself. Other days I look at these people that have lost 100+ lbs and I am like I will NEVER look that incredible.

I hate my apron and feel it will never go away.

Currently I have lost 50ish lbs since the end of August (260 SW) but my stomach to me doesn't look like it has changed at all. My face definitely has, but my stomach is still huge. Boobs are gone, but belly remains.

UGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Need some support right now. :grumble: :cry: :sad: :frown:

Replies

• Chickee8586
    Chickee8586 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    What you see is not necessarily what others see. Did you take starting pictures? If not, take some now. Then looking at your progress pictures will let you see the changes. I didn't think I was making much progress either until I compared pictures from March to May.

All of this effort is working, we just tend to see ourselves with the most critical eyes.
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    The body loses fat from seemingly random places. It's unfortunate but that's just how it is. But here's the thing...according to your ticker, you're OVER HALF WAY to your goal! That is such an awesome place to be, and you should really be proud of yourself for getting there. So many people give up long before that point. So many people look at you the way you look at people who've lost 100+.

Keep your head up! Keep doing what you're doing and I would just about guarantee that you'll start seeing what it is that you're hoping to!
  • KatieLouWho19
    KatieLouWho19 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I know there is progress. just the only part I care about - I feel there isn't much progress there.

I KNOW that it has a lot to do with having 2 c-sections and that it is a pain in the butt to work the flabby belly off. I KNOW all of this.

But Negative Nancy is taunting me in my mind.. just making me upset today. UGH!!! :sad:

Thank you guys! I need to just kick nancy's a$s and tell her to bug off... Some days are harder than others, this is my trying day!
  • James9090
    James9090 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Well you won't undo many years of unhealthy living quickly. In fact, it may take just as long to undo the abuse you did to your body.

That is why I constantly remind myself that fitness is a process and not a destination.
  • alexuh
    alexuh Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Girllllllll you have lost 50 pounds!!!!!!!!!! Do you realise how INCREDIBLE that is!?!?! You should be freakin proud. :drinker:
  • George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Just keep reminding yourself that you've more or less lost a fourth of a person. That's not a small accomplishment by any means. Also consider shifting the focus of your goals to overall health and physical performance. Appearance is a side effect of determination and purpose.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    Well you won't undo many years of unhealthy living quickly. In fact, it may take just as long to undo the abuse you did to your body.

That is why I constantly remind myself that fitness is a process and not a destination.

Ugh, I know. I have come to terms with the fact that this is going to be a long process... I just am ready to see the big overall finished product... I LOVE seeing other peoples transformations but I also HATE seeing them cause I think - well shes done! LOL. Idk what my deal is this morning.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    we all have negative days. i've pretty much come in faster and faster at every race i do. i even came in first place in my division once. but yesterday i put on my compression shorts and Mr. Muffin Top decided to show up.

Pro Tip: never put on compression shorts in view of a full length mirror.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    we all have negative days. i've pretty much come in faster and faster at every race i do. i even came in first place in my division once. but yesterday i put on my compression shorts and Mr. Muffin Top decided to show up.

LOL - :tongue: I needed that. Thank you.

I am trying my best to get outta this negative funk this morning... I am one of the most positive people - but I swear Nancy is being a douche this am.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options

I am trying my best to get outta this negative funk this morning... I am one of the most positive people - but I swear Nancy is being a douche this am.

go do something you are good at.
  • Qskim
    Qskim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

Ugh, I know. I have come to terms with the fact that this is going to be a long process... I just am ready to see the big overall finished product... I LOVE seeing other peoples transformations but I also HATE seeing them cause I think - well shes done! LOL. Idk what my deal is this morning.

I got to a point where I thought it was as good as it would get. Same as you....face, boobs lost...stomach meh! But I'm glad I kept going because there was more to come. It got to a point where it seemed to just vanish. And even this close to goal I'm interested in what changes will happen. I still have loose skin, probably always will but I can live with that.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options

go do something you are good at.

Currently at work. Not much I can really do. I am about to go get breakfast... I am good at eating... LOL
  • Fenomka
    Fenomka Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You're doing amazing. I have over 200 lbs to lose, over all and I've lost about 70 of it and fought for pretty much every lb. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to see your progress. I was diagnosed with severe body dysmorphia, to the point where I look in the mirror and CANNOT see any progress, even after 70 lbs. To me, my apron looks bigger, my arms look ridiculous, my face still round, and my double chin still prevalent. I found that for me, It really helps me to have pictures, and compare before and after. It forces me to look at this person in the pictures, and make myself see the differences. I have my husband look at them with me, so that we can discuss the differences we see in my body. Do you think that would help you?

I know it's hard. We all struggle. as Capt Apollo said, We all have negative days. But you're doing something. You're getting active, changing your life, and taking steps to be a better, healthier you. Don't ever let that be forgotten. When you feel yourself flagging, just remember how far you've already come. You're that much closer to your goal!!!

(You're welcome to friend me or message me if you ever need anything. I believe in you, and you've totally got this.)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    <---- Lost 138#. Still has a big, floppy gut.

It sucks that skin doesn't sync up with the rest of the body as you lose weight.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I think it's natural to look forward only, but is it healthy? Not always. Look at your progress, see where you are, pat yourself on the back for what you've accomplished (sometimes nobody else will do that for you so you need to pat for a pat to happen), and maybe go back into the body you once had, feel its curves/weight and conclude you have a lot less to carry now. I'm trying to adopt a wholesome perspective where I look in all directions at once, not just forward in a reminder of what I haven't done yet. You have a choice regarding that perspective after all and why constantly choose one that might make you sad, frustrated or upset even? Your ticker is an inspiration by the way.
  • James9090
    James9090 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't even work out to improve my appearance, just to get more healthy. Since working out and eating right I have cured my asthma, sleep apnea, stomach issue, high blood pressure, etc. The looks are just a nice byproduct of the process. Many benefits of fitness, in fact the most important ones, are not visible.
  • KatieLouWho19
    Options
    You're doing amazing. I have over 200 lbs to lose, over all and I've lost about 70 of it and fought for pretty much every lb. I know exactly what you mean about not being able to see your progress. I was diagnosed with severe body dysmorphia, to the point where I look in the mirror and CANNOT see any progress, even after 70 lbs. To me, my apron looks bigger, my arms look ridiculous, my face still round, and my double chin still prevalent. I found that for me, It really helps me to have pictures, and compare before and after. It forces me to look at this person in the pictures, and make myself see the differences. I have my husband look at them with me, so that we can discuss the differences we see in my body. Do you think that would help you?

I know it's hard. We all struggle. as Capt Apollo said, We all have negative days. But you're doing something. You're getting active, changing your life, and taking steps to be a better, healthier you. Don't ever let that be forgotten. When you feel yourself flagging, just remember how far you've already come. You're that much closer to your goal!!!

(You're welcome to friend me or message me if you ever need anything. I believe in you, and you've totally got this.)

I do this with my fiance, he takes my progress photos and I see progress in my pics - it's just waking up in the am to see this damn belly still hanging, got to me today. I rarely post pics of my belly progress because even in pics I don't feel that there is much. Grrr. I know that there is progress, but my brain refuses to see it. I probably have body dysmorphia as well....
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    You have done and are doing exceptionally well...EXCEPTIONALLY :)
    stop looking at the bits you don't think look any different, we've all got those..look at the whole picture, you are healthier/fitter...ok so theres a tummy still there, but most of us who've had kids also still have little pouches no matter what we do, but hey, lifes too short to worry needlessly...play up your good attributes :-D a tummy is easily hid ...

just keep on doing what you've been doing.

You've been successful and you deserve to feel happy and confident in your own skin.

Start loving yourself :)
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Perhaps visual evidence isn't your thing right now? Do you use the measuring tape with its more neutral numbers? I imagine your clothing size might have shrunk, too, by now?
  • jcas211
    jcas211 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. 50 pounds is amazing. I bet those around you can see more of a change than you are looking at. When we look in the mirror it is so easy to focus on what is bothering us that sometimes we do not see the real difference. Without a doubt your belly had to be bigger 50 pounds ago. Come on girl, you can do it. Have you tried measuring yourself? Maybe if you see the size difference in inches it will make you feel better. Or hold up a pair of pants that you wore at the start. Now put them on. WOW!! They are way too big aren't they? That belly is smaller that it was. :-)