are YOU taking vitamins?

2»

Replies

• NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Hate to be a party pooper but this is something I found out just in the last year and thought I would pass it along. My doctor told me to be very careful with over the counter vitamins like One-a-day. They use a lot of fillers, like sand. If you take one and put it in a glass of water and let it dissolve there will be a lot of sand in the bottom of the cup. Obviously, your body doesn't need that. She recommended to me a vitamin from a company called Metagenics and the multi-vitamin is called Multigenics and I absolutely love it!!!! You don't have to get this one, but remember you get what you pay for. I get mine at a pharmacy that also deals in herbs and supplements and it's about $30 for a 45 day supply. Also, if you're really looking for the most natural vitamins and you want to know what your body needs specifically see someone who does eye reading. I know it has a scientific name but anyways the lines in your eye link to different areas of your body. Every time I have had mine done it has lined up exactly what my physician says. It's pretty cool. I go to an herb shop to get mine done. The guy I go to specializes in Nature's Sunshine vitamins.
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Not yet, I'm thinking about taking Fish oil...but I'm not a pill person, and I'm worried they will get wasted like the other vitamins I've bought in the past lol.
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    I'm taking a multivitamin supplement and if I don't get enough iron from food, I take an iron supplement too.
  • flwyland
    flwyland Posts: 142
    Fish oil; multivitamin; B complex (with vitamiinC); vitamin D3; Glucosamine & Chondroitin; calcium, magnesium & zinc; iron. All of my doctors have agreed on these supplements to keep my levels up during this weight-loss journey.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I'm not technically taking any vitamins, but I do drink Shakeology which has a lot of vitamins and minerals in it. I was thinking of adding a multi, but to be honest, I can't swallow a pill and I would have to get a chewable. I am not sure if those tasty Flintstones are right for adults? I know they are great for kids, but what about big kids?
  • SugarDiva
    SugarDiva Posts: 403 Member
    I take a multivitamin with green tea extract and a calcium tablet while away at work because I don't eat dairy and I can't meet my requirements at work.
    Make sure you take Vit D to help absorb the calcium.

No sweat.. I got the calcium tabs with the Vit D in them :)
  • Hummmm, lets see I take a multi-vitamin (capsle form, since tablets don't disolve) one per day, 2 Super Omega 3-6-9 (for IBS), 4-Super Colon Cleanse 3X days (for Ten days, Do this to get all unwanted extra stuff in your intestinal track out)
    Weight loss suport = 1- Lipotrim, and 1-CLA (for metabolism and fat metabolism support) and 1-Fuxothin 2X daily (craving support), Acidolpious, and plant emzymes for help with bloating from IBS.

I take alot of pills a day, but they all are from a Health Food Center, and talked with a herbalist at the store for help and my trainer for the weight loss support since I have a job that I sit alot. But if you drinnk alot of water and then eat something about 20 minutes after you take them it will keep anyone from getting sick to their stomache.
  • An adult gummy and iron pills.
  • edemair
    edemair Posts: 9 Member
    I take fish oil, multi V, Iron, and Acia berry.
This discussion has been closed.