Greek Yoghurt

Options
2»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    cabot plain greek- I prefer the lower fat one- the 10% milk fat tastes more bitter to me.

I'm all about extra fat- but for some reason the regular or 10% just doesn't do it for me. I'll eat it- but it isn't my favorite.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Currently eating and enjoying the Fage 0% that I got from Costco! I enjoy the "blended" or with fruit added options but I just couldn't argue with the price.
  • s_sutton01
    s_sutton01 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    0% plain greek yogurt from Aldi....my favorite is to add honey but if I have them I'll add a few berries.
  • binniesmart
    binniesmart Posts: 74
    Options
    Full fat, tesco finest. I add berries and a tiny bit of maple syrup :-)
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Yep 0% - great way to up my protein on days when I'm running out of calories.

Agree!
  • MicheleWE
    MicheleWE Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I enjoy the Kirkland brand fat free plain greek yogurt. I mix it with what ever I am craving, but usually it is Justin's Almond Butter-all the flavors are delicious, or sometimes peanut butter-good to, but not as good as Justin's. That way I am getting my fat from those really good sources, but mostly it just taste good :)
  • random_user75
    random_user75 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    0% here, too. I happily find my fat elsewhere.
  • Sallyrose5994
    Options
    Full fat organic- plain, no added sugar. I read an article years ago that talked about a correlation between low fat dairy diets and low fertility rates and full fat dairy and high fertility rates. Since then I have always taken care to eat the most natural option including whole milk and whole milk dairy products. It has been working for me so I stick with it. It all comes down to personal preference. I also go through stages where I don't like yogurt for awhile.
  • jonesin_am
    jonesin_am Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Full fat or 2%. It's the least processed and has the least amount of additives. Have you read how they make skim milk? I had always been a fat free milk/yogurt person until I realized what I was actually consuming.
  • astylla
    astylla Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I prefer Trader Joe Organic Nonfat Plain Greek Style yogurt. I use it in smoothies , on it's own with a small bit of honey and fresh berries and sometimes add unsalted sunflower seeds too ! It's very versatile and I love it on it's own. I have tried others but haven't found anything I like as much personally. As I personally need to cut carbs wherever possible , I find it very filling too.
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Full fat or 2%. It's the least processed and has the least amount of additives. Have you read how they make skim milk? I had always been a fat free milk/yogurt person until I realized what I was actually consuming.

How do they make skimmed milk?? Im curious. Never touch the stuff though
  • fitness_faeiry
    fitness_faeiry Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Going over your fat or sugar won't hurt you at ALL unless you have medical issues, same thing with carbs and protein. All that matters is calories for weight loss.

However for cooking 0% always works best. I made a protein cheesecake once with the 2% and it came out taking like pure crap. I made a cake batter protein cheesecake last night with 0% and it's godly.

Thanks for the tips!! :)
    Dont suppose you have the recipe for that protein cheesecake....... pretty please?
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    I always get Fage 0%.

Just for the fact I think it tastes better and is lower in calories which means MORE volume in food for me.

It doesn't matter what you get. Whatever YOU like and think tastes the best.

same here. Although I add fruit, honey, nuts, oats, or whatever...but I am very satisfied with the Fage 0% plain yogurt.

However, once in awhile I've gotta have the full-fat noosa yogurt (I buy it at Target). Theirs is the BEST, so creamy and delicious and it's almost like a cheesecake...ALL-TIME favorite is the strawberry rhubarb flavor.
  • tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I like the 0%. In regular yogurt I prefer the full fat version.
    I like to add vanilla and stevia, cocoa and stevia or some lemon extract.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Going over your fat or sugar won't hurt you at ALL unless you have medical issues, same thing with carbs and protein. All that matters is calories for weight loss.

However for cooking 0% always works best. I made a protein cheesecake once with the 2% and it came out taking like pure crap. I made a cake batter protein cheesecake last night with 0% and it's godly.

ASks nicely (then demands) recipe for this now (please and thank you) :drinker:
  • Edmond_Dantes
    Edmond_Dantes Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I usually go for 2%, but full fat tastes the best, of course. It's harder to find full fat or 2% where I live compared to 0%. The stuff (Fage) is amazing though. I eat it almost every day.
  • DivineChoices
    DivineChoices Posts: 193 Member
    Options

How do they make skimmed milk?? Im curious. Never touch the stuff though

http://www.chow.com/food-news/54608/how-do-they-get-the-fat-out-of-nonfat-milk/