Wedding Tips!

Options
I'm leaving tomorrow for my sister's wedding and I'll be staying in a hotel for 5 days. I think I get breakfast at the hotel but all my meals will be eating out! My bf is super supportive and plans to workout with me everyday at the hotel fitness center (whatever that might be). We're probably eating at smaller restaurants where I can't get the nutritional info beforehand so I can't research my food either. I'm taking my favorite protein bars and some trail mix. I'll get some fruit to keep in the room. But I'm a little terrified about eating out so much and gaining back weight I've lost! So I'm appealing to all of you for your best tips/tricks to manage calories while I'm gone. Any other good suggestions?

Replies

• amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    get a broth soup before you eat or a salad with the dressing on the side. Try to avoid creamy dressings all together.

Try to always leave half off the food on your plate when you eat.

For every alcoholic drink you have add two extra glasses of water.

The hotel breakfasts usually have fruit and oatmeal. Grab a couple extra pieces of fruit and packets of oatmeal for your room.

And for goodness sake, try your sisters cake!!!

Have fun!
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid to ask for a special order!! Rice without butter, baked potato hold the sour cream, Tilapia without the cream sauce etc.

Stay clear of items that are fried or have cream sauces in them...

Don't rack your brains making your food choice haunt you throughout the day... Chose a healthy option item, (fish, salad, chicken) and don't worry about the calorie content... and hit the gym.. being active it was will get you through the weekend!

You can do this.. but mostly just have fun!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    those are good suggestions...if you're going to drink, drink skinny b!tches (vodka, water, bar lime)...they're only 70 calories a shot...
  • carlyrenee1
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing all the right things by getting your bf's support and talking about it before hand with him. Its also smart that you are planning to go to places that provide nutrition information (so many restaurants are doing this now -its nice!) You are bringing your own snacks as well! Those are all the things I would do! I agree with amanda and order soups before your meal to help you fill up! Hope you have fun and good luck!
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    If I go out to eat, I always try to drink lots of water before the food comes, have a salad first- dressing on the side so that I can control how much I use, then choose the healthiest option and only eat half- weather I split it with a friend or ask for a container at the beginning and put half away. Sometimes if I have the full portion on my plate-and I'm not taking the other half home- after I eat about half - I will pour excess amounts of salt/ketchup/pepper/sugar anything on the rest of the food so that IF I TRY to eat it- it will taste nasty. Then put a napkin over it so that I can't even see it. If the food is on the plate, and I am talking, I tend to eat more.

Very often I will just have an appetizer and a simple salad.

Good luck, and have a terrific time at the wedding. You CAN do this!!
  • christina1109
    Options
    Breakfasts vary from hotel to hotel. The best I've found was Holiday Inn (you don't have to be a guest). Ask at the restaurants you go to, if it's not in their menu, if they have low cal options. Salads are always a good, even as a meal.

Do you have family in the area? Having a place other than restaurants to eat would help too.
  • claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the great tips guys! I know in my head that there's ways to make it work, it's just hard to stay on track when it's so easy to get off course! I'm definitely going to use your suggestions! Can't wait till I leave tomorrow! Thanks again!