advocare and herbalife and all that?

Options
Hey,
I don't think I want to invest in any of these pyramid money making things, but I just don't understand what they are?

Like are they supplements or meals or meal replacements?
I feel like everyone on my fb newsfeed keeps losing crazy weight doing these, but I just don't understand.

Thanks

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Your FB is infested with marketers. Purge them and you will hear no more about it.
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I tried it and i lost weight but it was because i combined it with exercise. Also it gets wayyyyyyyyy to expensive you can't even afford it anymore that once you stop you will gain all the weight back. So how it works you drink a milkshake along with a tea and aloe something as breakfast. And then for lunch you can eat "whatever" you want. Then for dinner you will drink another milkshake along with the tea and the aloe. And on and on.
  • tamelakaye79
    tamelakaye79 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I use Advocare Spark daily- it is like a healthier version of a Monster energy drink. I love the vitamins and energy I get from it- plus it helps me get even more water in :) I do not use it for weight loss- although that would be a nice side effect!
  • wyattj99
    wyattj99 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Get rid of those news feeds that show that...just eat healthy and workout some...that's the best way to go
  • JeniSue28
    JeniSue28 Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    Herbalife is a low cal meal replacement protein powder. It works for people because it creates a calorie deficit overall. But, you can achieve the same thing by eating lower calories.

Note: I do use Herbalife, but because it is a quick and convenient supplement for me. It is easy to take 2 minuets to put a shake together and sip it at my desk or in a meeting at work.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I believe they both offer a wide range of products. My roommate in college apparently had a ton of money she wanted to give to someone else and bought everything she "needed" for weight loss from an herbalife rep. She had vitamins, energy mixes, meal replacement shakes, all sorts of stuff. There were probably 30 different bottles on our bathroom counter. I'm not even sure what it all claimed to do. It did nothing but cost money...
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    I tried it and i lost weight but it was because i combined it with exercise. Also it gets wayyyyyyyyy to expensive you can't even afford it anymore that once you stop you will gain all the weight back. So how it works you drink a milkshake along with a tea and aloe something as breakfast. And then for lunch you can eat "whatever" you want. Then for dinner you will drink another milkshake along with the tea and the aloe. And on and on.

So basically it's a meal replacement for 2 meals of the day?
  • kaaaaylee
    kaaaaylee Posts: 398
    Options
    Get rid of those news feeds that show that...just eat healthy and workout some...that's the best way to go
    I don't plan on investing money into something I can do for free, I'm just pretty curious what it actually is.
  • ladylambeau
    ladylambeau Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have tried similar products - the replacement shakes, etc. For me, even if I didn't feel hungry anymore, I still felt like I hadn't eaten. I guess I need to actually prepare something, pick it up and chew it for my body to register that I had had a meal.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    It depends on which program you follow.

My dentist recently told me she was on the transition from a meal plan with shakes and bars to real eating and she was finding it really difficult. She liked that she'd lost 20lbs on the program, but she forgot how to eat real food.

Just something to think about.
  • Appelgryn
    Appelgryn Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I use Herbalife and have been very happy on it. I agree you can loose weight doing anything if you do it properly with exercise. I see some quote about a shake for breakfast and then anything you want for lunch and a shake for supper. Its not quite that simple. You have to watch you calorie content, eat clean and train. Why do I use herbalife. It suits my lifestyle. Its much easier for me to use the shakes than try to make 5 small meals a day. It is expensive yes, but when i work out what I spend on low calorie foods the difference really is not much. At the end of the day a person must do what works best for you. I have succesfully lost 20kgs in 4 months and hope to keep going until I reach goal. I will then maintain with herbalife and switch to one shake a day with clean meals.
    In whatever routine a person follow your whole lifestyle has to change, a diet is not permanent.
  • mommiejohnsonof6
    mommiejohnsonof6 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Can become very expensive just workout and eat right is my advice
  • briggitte59
    briggitte59 Posts: 52 Member
    Options

So basically it's a meal replacement for 2 meals of the day?

Correct, and like someone said, it created a calorie deficit. But then again you can do that by just keeping track of calories.