Im NEW!!!

Options
Hello, I just started MFP a week ago..My goal is to lose 10 pounds by christmas. I am not overweight, but i gained these 10 pounds in a period of a few months, I am an emotional eater and i want to get back into shape before I gain even more. I find it hard to stay within the calories and sometimes i dont want to get up and workout, i expect to see results fast, and its only been a week but i am like why do i still have this gut!!! Just a little encouragement and some hope would be great, its been tough the last two days to go out and exercise..oh and i am a choc lover! so if you can give me a healthy alternative thats chocolaty please let me know :)

Replies

• dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    it took me a couple weeks before i began to lose weight so just keep at it and you will lose it! :)
  • nubreeze33
    Options
    Welcome luv, big hugs! Since you don't really have a weight problem i'm thinking for you to lose you probably need to shock the heck out of your system! I know motivation to work out can be tough but suck it up and get it in!!!!! tell yourself no to complacency and knock them 10 pounds out of the park. for some it may be 10 pounds and for others it may be 50 but it's all relative! JUST DO IT AND DON'T BABY YOURSELF! it's how you put them pounds on in the first place! hugs and more hugs! :flowerforyou:
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    I thought most people started losing the weight right away, so this is good to hear!! :) thank you
  • lashleyrivera
    Options
    Big hugs!!! ssooo sweet!! yea i gotta get motivated, i was fine last week, excited, but then when i got dressed two day ago i was like my jeans are still so tight, and just got depressed, my husband told me it takes time, but im soo impatient..but your right i need to get out there and start working at it!! and dont let my halloween candy for my daughter get in the way...lol...
  • lesleybritton
    Options
    Just remember that you took a few months to put that weight on so it's probably going to take a few months to get it off.

As far as chocolate goes... snack packs are good. They make those mousse ones now which are amazing and very low cal. When I'm REALLY in bad shape for some chocolate I just go with a peppermint patty since they're about as low cal as a candy bar gets.

Good luck!
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Stick with it - I too find it hard to stick within the calorie guide levels and feel too tired to exercise on some days but I'm starting to get used to the routine now. I've heard that the slower you lose it the longer it stays off (hopefully forever)

good luck with your weight loss.
  • loxleys
    loxleys Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    oops - double posting!!
  • ilovetosweat
    ilovetosweat Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking Chocolate Shakeology, and I don't crave sweets anymore!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I thought most people started losing the weight right away, so this is good to hear!! :) thank you
    Welcome to the site!:drinker:

Most ppl with larger amounts to lose do drop the lbs faster in the begining then it levels out. But those with smaller amounts to lose take longer to lose the lbs. Your body will try to hang onto the weight so be patient:wink: since you only have 8 lbs. to lose it will take some time. But losing it wisely will be more likely to keep it off!:flowerforyou: