If I Can't Actually Look Skinny, What's the Point?

Options

Replies

• George_Baileys_Ghost
    George_Baileys_Ghost Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    Physical hotness is most often a side effect of persistence and determination. Eat well, rest, and train hard for the sake of developing your whole self, and rather than try to reach for something that genetics may or may not allow, try to learn to appreciate the body that appears along the way. Live life and enjoy it for it's own sake...not for some idealized concept of physical beauty.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Body dysmorphia. Go talk to a therapist.
  • SoLongAndThanksForAllTheFish
    Options
    Girl... it's all in the angles. For what it's worth, you look like a mesomorph to me - a body type with endless possibilities as long as you accept that you aren't going to suddenly have the bone structure and fat distribution of an ectomorph.

laughing.gif

legit lawls

I mean... I wasn't tryyyying to be funny. Did I say something wrong or is the idea of body type changing just naturally funny?

Kinda like... ya, everyone can have thigh gap, all we need is for our hips to re-align. No worries, right?
    body types have been proven to be bunk. sure some people have slightly faster metabolisms than others but it all comes down to overeating or not

I didn't really mean it in the Sheldon classification sense (though I guess if you use the words you have to accept all of the scientific history that goes along with them). I was really just using a semantic shortcut to say that OP is not particularly bottom heavy or hippy and that her inherited skeletal frame & body composition in no way pre-dispose her to looking one way or another. She seems to have a pretty average frame. I don't accept that body type determines personality or body fat percentage -- but genetic factors do determine where the fat you have is distributed and your underlying skeletal frame.

Yeah, I think we all get what you mean and that you were just being MFP snobbed or argument baited :) Because most know what they meant on a cursory level, they are still useful in describing general body structure appearance types so you don't have to go through a whole mess of descriptors "you are heavier than typical thin people, do not have a thin skeletal structure, but not so heavy that you are thick or rotund"...blahblah, yea, I'll use one word to shortcut too. I never bought into it more than just a vague descriptor anyways, not as a classification, so its really no change for me, I'd still use the terms too, until there are better ones available.
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I agree. Body dysmorphia. I have the same issue. I'm wide, I'm either butchy or fat. But I just try to embrace the curves and the thickness. There are a lot of people who find that attractive even if I struggle with seeing it. But none of that really matters because it's so insignificant compared to everything else about who you are as a person. Try to stop focusing on your outer appearance soo much. If you can't and it consumes you, then you need to find a therapist to work this *kitten* out.
  • shutyourpieholeandsquat
    shutyourpieholeandsquat Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    You need help. And your are 27, so grow up too.....

Someone get this woman a certificate of achievement for least amount of empathy ever. *slow clap*

oh get over it, this is the internet..... it should be expected.
  • Zaftique
    Zaftique Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    god, looking like Kim K in a bikini. what a nightmare **bangs head on wall**

IKR? I certainly don't want to have her body shape with slightly more muscles and pass myself off as a curvy Amazon goddess, heck no.

>_>

<_<

>_>

(sweet Artemis, those Hartman Hips...)
  • bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Girl... it's all in the angles. For what it's worth, you look like a mesomorph to me - a body type with endless possibilities as long as you accept that you aren't going to suddenly have the bone structure and fat distribution of an ectomorph.

laughing.gif

legit lawls

I mean... I wasn't tryyyying to be funny. Did I say something wrong or is the idea of body type changing just naturally funny?

Kinda like... ya, everyone can have thigh gap, all we need is for our hips to re-align. No worries, right?
    body types have been proven to be bunk. sure some people have slightly faster metabolisms than others but it all comes down to overeating or not

I didn't really mean it in the Sheldon classification sense (though I guess if you use the words you have to accept all of the scientific history that goes along with them). I was really just using a semantic shortcut to say that OP is not particularly bottom heavy or hippy and that her inherited skeletal frame & body composition in no way pre-dispose her to looking one way or another. She seems to have a pretty average frame. I don't accept that body type determines personality or body fat percentage -- but genetic factors do determine where the fat you have is distributed and your underlying skeletal frame.

Yeah, I think we all get what you mean and that you were just being MFP snobbed or argument baited :) Because most know what they meant on a cursory level, they are still useful in describing general body structure appearance types so you don't have to go through a whole mess of descriptors "you are heavier than typical thin people, do not have a thin skeletal structure, but not so heavy that you are thick or rotund"...blahblah, yea, I'll use one word to shortcut too. I never bought into it more than just a vague descriptor anyways, not as a classification, so its really no change for me, I'd still use the terms too, until there are better ones available.

• MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    44000333.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd7m-CDMwfXBQeuI-XOELhkn5eG24Bx1LRJqIyq1XygNvrQqy1SQ
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Try loads of running that can give some women the straight up and down figure when I did insanity it made me look more boyish try something like that.
    I doubt your bf does like the look of skinny girls I know my bf and his friends never say mmm look at those ribs actually there's one who prefers skinny girls but we laugh at him because its weird hes really short though so I guess he want to feel bigger.
    So no most men like some tits and *kitten* lmao like kim

You can't change your bone structure by running. This isn't good advice. Trust me, I tried that, I still had the same curvy body type that I had before!

OP, if your boyfriend was truly unhappy with your body, you'd know it. He's with you for more than just that. You should give yourself some credit. I don't know you, but I'm sure your fabulous so you should learn to love yourself some more.

If you want to change your body, lift some weights. It will work, you won't look "boyish" or bulky. Do some research on weight training for women. A few months after you start doing it, you'll wish you started it earlier. It will also help you build some confidence because it's extremely liberating and uplifting to PR on lifts and see how strong it makes you and how good you'll look.

I have very high hips due to being cursed/blessed with a short torso. I won't ever be long and lean because that's not how I was made. I'm curvy and heavy weight lifting is giving me the body I never knew I wanted. It's better than long and "skinny" with no muscle tone.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

laughing.gif

legit lawls

Yes, totally MFP snobbed or argument baited for interpreting the word/description as it's actual meaning.
  • JamieD328
    JamieD328 Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your complaints about your body have gotten you all the compliments you were fishing for.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, I'm having a hard time wondering why you want to look like this (headless bikini girl) and are 'afraid" to look like KK in a bikini (say it isn't so !). The whole thing is either sad or amusing.. I'm thinking this is more sad. Unless you're fishing, and then it's just annoying.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Meh, I don't want to look like Kim Kardasian either. Nothing wrong with that. We all have different preferences.
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Your complaints about your body have gotten you all the compliments you were fishing for.

Wachaw !!!
  • EmmieBaby
    EmmieBaby Posts: 1,235 Member
    Options
    As mentioned before, you would want to start looking at lifting heavy, does wonders to the body and mind

don't aim to be "skinny" aim to be healthy, confident, sexy, proud.
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    You obviously have some serious body image issues to work through. Get help.

This
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    There is no point.
  • llama_sammich
    llama_sammich Posts: 124
    Options

Congratulations, you didn't understand what I'd actually asked for. Reading comprehension, ftw!
  • MapleFlavouredMaiden
    MapleFlavouredMaiden Posts: 595 Member
    Options

Congratulations. Your bitter is showing.
  • WaterBunnie
    WaterBunnie Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Genetics - you just have to work with what you have I'm afraid and be the best you can feasibly be. You're wasting time trying to be someone else so put away the photos and learn to love what you have.
This discussion has been closed.