Ugh

Options
So I've been really good lately and lost about 9lbs in 5 weeks. I've been sticking to 1400cal maximum per day. I have a feeling though my estimations are slightly under sometimes, so I guess some days I won't be losing anything. But I severely doubt I've been going nearly as high as 2000. So, for the past week I've been stuck around the 12st mark. Sometimes I'm slightly under, sometimes slightly over. Its really disheartening after seeing a clear constant decrease. I have been snacking a tad lately too, which I was very strict about in the past weeks. That STOPS tomorrow. Still, I haven't had a packet of crisps in 7 weeks and I'm so proud of that. Anyway, just thought I'd share in case anyone had any motivational suggestions to keep on track. I've had two mini cupcakes today! So bad!

Replies

• Strokingdiction
    Strokingdiction Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    :indifferent:
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you already know what the problem is.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Stay strong and take a look at this: http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/of-whooshes-and-squishy-fat.html

I tend to stay the same weight for a month or so, then lose a bunch of weight all at once. :) Just keep it up. It'll come off eventually.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,222 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Also, snacking isn't a bad thing as long as you're staying in your calorie goals. :) If you don't have a food scale to actually measure your food, maybe getting one and being more accurate will help you.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Be patient. Adherence to your calories matters but don't beat yourself up.

That's all I have.
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Look for the long term results. Sodium, time of the month, stress: these things and more can temporarily stall the scale. Or the simple fact that you lost 9 pounds in 5 weeks (awesome!), your body might need a week or two to adjust.

Keep moving, keeping logging & weighing your food, and check the scale again in a week or a month. Whatever suits you.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are being to strict.

I eat everything moderation that fits into my macros and calories. I have ice cream and cookies everyday.
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    So I've been really good lately and lost about 9lbs in 5 weeks.

That is very good - that's nearly 2 pounds a week which is better than I have ever sustained.
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    OK - first thing -NO food (least of all 2 mini cupcakes) is bad - it's food - just that. Two - your body does not have a calendar - it will drop weight when it feels like it.....
    Not sure how much you have to lose and what your stats look like, but 1400 is not much - if you deny yourself too much and is is hungry, you will start snacking and fall of the wagon...Make sure you eat enough, and stop putting food in good and bad categories.....
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    When I used to stall while trying to lose I liked to call it "practicing maintenance".
    It is a normal and healthy part of losing weight imo so good for you! I think you are doing it right.
    (As long as you don't let negative feelings derail your efforts)
  • tanyoshka
    tanyoshka Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I'm in the exact same place. I try to be really "good" all day and then at night my calorie count creeps up over my goal (my excuse being that as long as I'm eating anything less than maintenance, I should be ok, right??). Hence the losing 5 pounds in 2 months. Disheartening! However, I keep trying to remind myself that any progress is progress, and I am SOOOO close to the 100 club.

Just don't give up!!