Replies

• DeterminedFee201426
    DeterminedFee201426 Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    its random for me i eat anything i feel like that morning
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    During the week I eat GNC Lean Shakes, but weekends usually eggs, toast and maybe oatmeal or grits. It is due to having more time to prepare them on the weekends.
  • emmanap91
    emmanap91 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yogurt, granola, banana
    eggs & toast
    fruit and toast with peanut butter
    oatmeal
    omelet

aaaaand now I'm hungry. Thanks a lot.
    [but seriously, all of the above are tasty and healthy when done right]
  • SnicciFit
    SnicciFit Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    stuff like this:

OMar3so.jpg
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with Healthy Harvest Apple Sauce mixed in it and a hardboiled egg.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You can lose or maintain weight with those breakfasts???

As long as your calories are in line, of course you can.
  • PJPrimrose
    PJPrimrose Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Tasty looking dish ^ . Yogurt, donuts, corn dog, boiled egg, scrambled egg, French toast, cereal (the chocolatey sugar kind), cheese toast, left overs if dinner was pretty epic, and sometimes pizza (pepperoni, Canadian bacon, bacon and onions), fruit, cottage cheese with stuff in it, and pretty much what ever appeals to me. Oh, and a cup of very hot, sugary *kitten* tea.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    40g Porridge Oats
    250ml Skimmed Milk

Microwave for 3/4 mins (or heat on the hob)

Voila :wink:

This is what I have most mornings & it beats off hunger 'til lunch (normally).

If peckish, I eat a small/medium Banana at approx 10:30 :smile:
  • PhotoGen
    PhotoGen Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a normal eater. My goal is to slightly change my diet but to work harder. It depends on the day but my weekends are slightly more indulgent than my weekdays.
    Average weekday
    Order of pancakes and 2 orders of eggs from Burger King and a coolata or iced coffee from Dunkin Donuts
    Average weekend
    Steak (t-bone, ribeye, flat iron), 2 or 3 eggs fried and grits or pancakes or fried potatoes. OJ, Apple Juice or mimosa.

I am not loosing any weight but that is because I'm not as active as I should be. Even with that for breakfast and a normal lunch and dinner I maintain w little effort. However, when I actually do get into the gym on a consistent basis I tend to loose weight but then I take comfort in knowing that I can loose it if I want to and I get lazy and I gain it back and then I maintain and then I work out to loose more... It's a big cycle with me.

I'm realistic with my meals, I need to be more aggressive with my activity though.
  • mrs_cassym
    mrs_cassym Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    oatmeal, granola, and either an apple or banana mixed it....never gets old and keeps me full!
  • ianthy
    ianthy Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Love porridge - simply can't leave the house without it! Plus yoghurt and piece of fruit and big cup of green tea and large glass of water. On Sundays i like a sort of cookede english breakfast - smoked salmon and eggs on toast, yogurt, fruit and green tea.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Small orange juice, coffee, greek yoghurt & jordan's berry granola.

or small orange juice, coffee, banana & peanut butter sandwich
  • Beckilovespizza
    Beckilovespizza Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast, I should really, tried porridge for a while but it bloated me out. I usually have lunch around 12:00 when I start to feel hungry, if it's the weekend I tend to have a full English breakfast but using lower fat ingredients where possible. I like the ideas of some of the posters though!
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    2 breakfasts this morning.

1. (When first out of bed) Half cup (before cooking) old fashioned oatmeal topped with fresh blueberries and blackberries and a small amount of milk. Cup of black coffee w/o sweetener.

2, (After a nice leisurely 3 mile jog in the rain). Slice of whole grain wheat toast topped with some all natural peanut butter and honey. More coffee.
  • kwantlen2051
    kwantlen2051 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    These are my go to breakfast choices:
    egg white scramble or omelette and toast
    protein shake (I alternate whey and vegan) and fruit
    PB2 and 1 toast and 1 fruit
    1/2 cup cherrios and 1/2 cup skim milk and half serving of protein shake

I average around 200-250 calories for breakfast, enough to keep me full until my mid-morning snack at around 10am for another 250 calories.

Has worked for me so far.
  • Bonnies411
    Bonnies411 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Protein shake. . .it's filling, easy and is healthy. Those really keep me on track. Otherwise, I eat eggs and a greek yogurt.
  • SuzyLy
    SuzyLy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    2 slices Wasa Multi grain crackers spread with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese and a coffee with almond milk & cinnamon.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I mix it up.

Larabars
    Greek yogurt + banana
    Beer bread + butter + blue cheese
    Apple + nut butter
    Homemade pumpkin muffin
    Homemade granola bars
    Homemade chocolate peanut butter shake
  • Ronni66
    Ronni66 Posts: 43
    Options
    usually a Slimfast with unsweetened almond milk. Or a breakfast burrito of my own design.

Scramble an egg then Take one corn tortilla, steam it then smear a tablespoon of Tostito's Salsa con Quesa cheese sauce on it, add a pinch of cheddar cheese, roll up and enjoy..it's really good, low carbs/sugar and it fills you up.

Just remember never to skip meals, make them small and often .
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    2 soft boiled eggs, a fruit (pear/apple/banana), and espresso
    or
    1/4 cup plain no fat yogurt and 1/4 cup granola and fruit and espresso
    or
    2 scrambled eggs and tortilla and fruit and espresso