IM SICK!!!

Options
Okay, so this is the second time I've been sick in the past 2 months...not normal for me. I have been eating healthy, trying to get the 8 glasses of water a day and exercising regularly. So thats not my problem. (I did slack taking my vitamins for a week and a half which I think might have something to do with it...along with several of my friends being sick)

So what I really want to ask is...does anyone have any tricks to getting over having a cold FAST???

Thank you!!

Replies

• ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have a cold too... No fun! I'm up for suggestions as well! (Sorry I'm no help, get well soon!)
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    water, sleep, and emergen-c helps me!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Zicam. Extra B-12. I have the liquid form of B-12 and take 2,000 mg a day. Hot bath, helps sweat it out. One other odd thing I do is take a 5-hour energy shot. Lots of warm liquids. Tea, coffee, chicken broth, beef broth. Do a nedi-pot. It flushes the gook out of you nose. Hope something in here helps. Feel Better. One other thing, get as much rest as you can!
  • paniolo5
    paniolo5 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    My husband swears by Cold-Eeze lozenges (homeopathic remedy with zinc - no artificial color or preservatives). I personally don't like the taste but they do work. The one caveat - you need to take them at the beginning of your cold. They don't do a whole lot 6-7 days in. Hope you feel better!
  • christina1109
    Options
    Emergen-C is good, taking a zinc supplement will help also. I like the Airborne stuff. I had a cold a couple months ago, I took the Airborne and was over it in 2 days. Had I taken nothing, it would have hung around for a week or so.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Do some vigous exercise for an hour (like a decent paced run), drink lots of water, and take a nap, repeat if necessary. Works for me anyhow. :)
  • arbellas
    arbellas Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I will have to try a few of your ideas and see how it works. Thanks again!!
  • gillleeman
    gillleeman Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    My mum used to tell me 'take something for a cold and it will be gone in 7 days. Just leave it and it will be gone in a week' LOL.