Flabby Arms Excercise Needed

Options
dsb188
dsb188 Posts: 121 Member
Does anyone know any exercises for flabby arms. I swear some days I feel like I can take flight. I'm down 45 pounds but I still have 55 more pounds to go. I wasn't sure if I should tone as I loose or just wait. I was doing a tank top arms workout but stopped.

Replies

• GrimNeeper
    GrimNeeper Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Err... sorry - I just realized, you might not be a woman? Regardless, these are great toning exercises for anyone. There are also a few good yoga poses - Hands to Wall (kind of like a standing push up), Planking, Dolphin pose, to name a few. Do a youtube search on "yoga for flabby arms" and you should find some good instructionals.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Since you're down 45 lbs, is it fat or excess skin?

There isn't a way to spot reduce, but yes, you should start lifting yesterday. Lifting while in a deficit helps to maintain muscle mass as you lose mainly fat and water. This helps immensely with BF%.

If it's loose skin, there isn't much you can do, but have patience.

If it's fat, you still need patience and a deficit as the only way to lose it is through lowering overall BF%, but the lifting again will help you lose mainly fat (and maintain muscle) so you have better definition once the fat is stripped from the muscle.