6'0 Ladies, ideal weight.

Options
Hi ladies,

Just a question for all you tall girls out there. I am 6 feet tall, and having trouble determining what weight I should set as my goal. I am a larger frame, Endomorph body type. I am currently at 210lbs from 325lbs (4 years ago) and I have set my ideal weight at 160 lbs. Does that sound about right?

Replies

• bc2ct
    bc2ct Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you want to do with your body really... I'm 6'2 and 180 but I'm training as a high performance athlete so I want to maintain that weight and just reduce body fat a bit. The lowest I have been in my adult life was around 165 and I looked pretty darn lean at that weight but could have easily lost another 5-10 lbs. 160-170 seems to be a comfortable zone for a woman of your height.
  • rayneface
    rayneface Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I am 5'11 with a larger frame as well, I have my goal at 160 and am currently sitting at around 225. When I was 20 I was 148lbs and never got below a size 10 for clothes and that was too thin for me, I figure 160 will be a good weight for me based on this and healthy ranges.

:) We sound super similar, I am going to send you a friends request if that's cool! :)
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'2", my goal is somewhere between 175-180, maybe slightly higher or lower than that depending on how I look and feel.
  • emsmom8
    emsmom8 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It sounds safe but if you are large framed I think you could go higher. I am 5'11" with a small frame and I know that even up to 170 I don't look overweigh but my happy weight is probably closer to 150.
  • sportyredhead01
    sportyredhead01 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11 with a large bone structure and I'm hanging out around 170-174.

I got to 168 last year and I felt I looked a little gaunt in the face and fluffy around the middle so I started lifting 3 days a week in October to combat the fluffiness. :drinker:

And congrats on your weight loss that's amazing! :flowerforyou:
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Somatotypes are broscience. You are not an ectomorph. Your body type is human. =)

According to NIH, a healthy BMI for 6'0 is 137 - 183 lbs. I am one inch shorter than you and I'm aiming for 149 lbs.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm 6' tall and my ultimate goal is 165lbs. I'll be happy with 170 +/- 5lbs.

My heaviest was 225 and I'm 185 now. Getting to 185 wasn't to bad but every pound is a fight now. I should clarify - my effort is the same but the weight comes off much slower now.
  • latenitelucy
    latenitelucy Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    5'11" aiming for 170
  • aliciazacherroach
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 6'2" & 6'3" & I'm aiming for 190. Currently 200, down from 304.
  • bc2ct
    Options
    I'm somewhere between 6'2" & 6'3" & I'm aiming for 190. Currently 200, down from 304.

Y'all are damn rock stars.
  • Bounce4
    Bounce4 Posts: 288 Member
    Options

Wow - so close to goal and incredible loss! Such hard work - well done!!! :D
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and aiming for 170. I remember being 165 in my athletic early 20's and that was just about right. We'll see at 170 about staying there or changing targets. Probably will be more body recomposition at that point.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    For once I'm short. 178 cm or 5'10''. My goal weight is not below 70 kg or 154 lbs. A PT I saw once agreed with me that my happy weight might be more like 72 kg when I'm in good shape, not just slim but muscular. My shoulders and hips are much wider than on catwalk models, though, so this part is what might place your happy weight below mine.
  • ellearscott
    Options
    Well this thread has totally thrown me. I'm 6ft and currently around 132-4 lbs. I don't usually worry too much about my weight, I just weigh myself at the gym so I can use the measurements in the treadmill to get more accurate calorie readings.
    I have real stress about my stomach though, the rest of me is the size I want but I just retain fat around my abdominals like nothing I've ever seen before! I took up weight training and lots of core/abs work to try and get toned in that area, and couldn't figure why nothing was changing, and the gym instructor said that I might well have abs, but they're hidden under my stomach fat so I need to burn calories/eat less to loose weight there...but that would put me well under a healthy weight, no?
  • bc2ct
    Options
    Well this thread has totally thrown me. I'm 6ft and currently around 132-4 lbs. I don't usually worry too much about my weight, I just weigh myself at the gym so I can use the measurements in the treadmill to get more accurate calorie readings.
    I have real stress about my stomach though, the rest of me is the size I want but I just retain fat around my abdominals like nothing I've ever seen before! I took up weight training and lots of core/abs work to try and get toned in that area, and couldn't figure why nothing was changing, and the gym instructor said that I might well have abs, but they're hidden under my stomach fat so I need to burn calories/eat less to loose weight there...but that would put me well under a healthy weight, no?

Don't quote me on this but I think you are probably already "under-weight". Sounds like you need to put on some heavy muscle (it's not about "toning" which implies getting rid of something, it's about "building"). Trust me when I say it can be done -- I carry weight around my core but in the last year I've gained 10lbs in muscle and it makes a massive difference!
  • shaynataggart
    shaynataggart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies ladies! I do about 30 minutes of heavy lifting and 30 mins interval running/elliptical x3 a week. But my stomach hangs around, must have to twerk my diet a bit. I think around 170 is perfect for my frame, I was at 189 in November and it started to make me look "thin", so I don't know if i would go much under 170lbs. but thats just me :-)
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    I have to admit that I'm sort of surprised by some of the numbers (unless you're aiming for a really lean/athletic look or are a big athlete). I say so because I'm 5'9" and I personally look too thin below 155 or so (I'm a size 6 at that point). So, I'd think for 6'+, you'd be looking at bare minimum of 165 or something in the 170s - 180s.
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I can only speak for myself, but I used to be so much more hung up on the scale and now it is all about how I feel, what I can do, how strong I can become. If the scale said closer to 80 kg but I were more fit than ever before, I couldn't care less.
  • lindsey1979
    lindsey1979 Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Also, check out mybodygallery.com -- you can search for height, weight, clothes size, etc. so you can see a really big range of weights for the same height and clothes size.
  • ValeriePlz
    ValeriePlz Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10'' and am at 153 down from 197. Mainly maintaining and toning at this point, although I'd like to get down into a pants size 8 (I am still holding at a 10).