Taking Measurements

TaraMaria
TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
When I started my weight loss journey a year ago...I didn't go near that big bad cloth strip thing with numbers...I didn't want to know how wide my waist or hips or bust were. They were just too big. But now that I'm on the other side of big I regret not taking my measurements to know how far I've come.

What about you? Have you measured yourself? Did you measure yourself at the beginning? At the end? In the middle? Did you keep track?

I'm curious...:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ChubbieTubbie
    ChubbieTubbie Posts: 481 Member
    I measured myself at the beginning--I track arms, waist, hips, chest and bust, neck, thighs, calves and BMI. I update everything except BMI every 2 weeks and I update my BMI every time I lose weight.
  • TaraMaria
    That is awesome! I wish my insecurities hadn't of stopped me! That I really could have seen how far I have come!
  • I measure--specifically because my weightloss program requests it of me. (I do TurboFire). So every 4 weeks I check in with measurements. It also helps because weeks when you dont loose you can still see a loss in inches.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    I kinda started losing weight unintentionally in my last semester of college last fall, so I haven't been measuring from the beginning. But when I started by job in Feb. I started really trying to be healthy and I tracked my measurements. It's great to see how far I've come, even if it's not the entire journey, it's all but 15 lbs of it. It's definitely worth it, it helps me to see my progress in other ways than the scale, which can be annoying at times... haha
  • TaraMaria
    That makes so much sense because in the beginning I did not loose very much...however I don't think I was loosing much in the inches department either. lol! It was just plain hard! I recommend to everyone to measure now just because even though I feel awesome about the numbers I see, it would be even better to know where they came down from!
  • freeatlast20
    freeatlast20 Posts: 120 Member
    hey there, I took my measurements figured that would be a much easier way to see my progress...and No i didnt like the numbers I got...my thighs are bigger than some peoples waist....uggghhhh....but they are mine and i will shrink them down....it is encouraging to see those numbers go down..and in the end I think its a better testiment to the weight you are losing that the scale which can be so fickle.....good luck to everyone on their journey....its so much nicer to have friends along the way. :drinker: :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    I did not take mine, but my clothing sizes changed, so that's as good an indicator as any that inches have come off. For instance, I saw 4 inches come off my jean size. However, like you, somedays I wish I had just for curiosity sake.
  • I didn't want to, but I did measurements this week at the beginning.
    I will do them again every 4 weeks.

I did them because being pregnant/delivering causes my a lot of water retention and so I want to see the numbers decrease when the pregnancy is over lol.

Plus, I also wanted to have a secondary source to gauge my progress, since sometimes the scale isn't too friendly.
This discussion has been closed.