and another reason to lose weight

Options
lloydrt
lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
Awesome numbers. Just checked my blood pressure, that was in the 160s - 170s last year

dadaahhhhhh...............

as of 20 minutes ago, it was 112 / 67 with a heart rate of 70

as of 5 minutes ago, it was 99 / 66 with a heart rate of 70

so see, not only are we gonna look hot, were going to be healthy............ and the BIGGEST BIGGEST reason why my numbers have dropped is because I have literally dropped all processed foods.

Between the sodium/ salt and sugars added in the making of processed foods, people dont stand a chance. I know people say they are cutting back on adding salt to their food, well.....I gotta tell ya ,its so loaded with salt and sugars, you dont need to add any, and unfortunately, this is why some people have hard times losing weight......theres so much salt, that when they drink tons and tons of water, they retain it........... :(

Also, local chicken harvesting farms are now injecting chickens with sugar AND salt...........go figure........Good luck and watch the processed foods................................, Lloyd

Replies

• IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, Lloyd! Although it's known to avoid alot of junk food, processed food, at times, we're not careful to look at the nutritional facts and even what we think might be healthy, is not!!! I've just learned my husband's blood pressure is high, and I've got to work on that, so thanks again! I'll be even more careful now! :noway:
  • krisdw
    krisdw Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is very inspiring to me because the last time I checked, my blood pressure was high. I know my motivation should be for my health but unfortunately I spend a lot of time imagining how I will look and use that as my main inspiration to loose weight.. this reminds me that my main goal needs to be my health and not what I see in the mirror.

Thankfully I'm a vegetarian so I don't eat chicken, but it's very disturbing that they're doing that because people probably don't check the labels for salt that's already been added to their meat, and I think most people salt it before they cook it on top of that!

Thanks for the info. :-)
  • lloydrt
    Options
    Kris and Ibet......I have a friend who is a psychologist as well, as working with anorexia and bulima among her students, she teaches as well........

She has seen POINT BLANK, farmers that are now adding preservatives , sugars, salts, chemicals to the food that they feed to the livestock.....literally, they are feeding cattle all this gunk, then the cows , after digesting it, are laiden with toxins.......especially, red meat

If you are going to eat red meat ,eat Grass Fed meat..........,

I know " organics" sre much higher, esp in the produce dept, but there are just so many chemicals on what we think is healthy, only to find out that they are laden with toxins..........

I wash the hell out of all produce, and avoid all read meats and really really try to stay away from processed foods...........

One last thing, did you know that resturants are now injecting chicken with salts and sugars.?

Why do they do this, you ask? Becuase they are trying to activate certain brain cells in our head , as paying customers, that are stimulated, at the resturant when we eat, to eat more..........

That is why I try so hard to stay away from processed foods, and its paid off......Ive now lost, as of today, 107 lbs since Feburary 1, 2010..Thats 8 months, 19 days...............my cholesterol is 130, my sugars are only 90 and my blood pressure is just at 100 / 65........awesome numbers

good luck, Ill be rooting for you guys.........Lloyd
  • IAmDanMarshall
    IAmDanMarshall Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey Lloyd, how many MGs of Sodium do you consume a day?

I have a really hard time staying under 2000 per day. Yesterday we went out and had some mediterranean food for lunch, it was sooooo good but when I added it all up the *MEAL* was over 2500MG of sodium! I ended the day at almost 4000MG :-O Needless to say, I probably won't be eating that again any time soon.
  • lloydrt
    Options
    pz, abouty 1300 a day........some while back I read where the body needs a certain amount of sodium, I cant remember, I think it was like 1/4 of a tea spoon.........

but with all the salt added to literally everything we eat, I kinda just go wtih that......I never go over the 2300 amount......its only half

again, I had high blood pressure and high cholesterol and exercise induced asthma, and was eating about 5000 mg of salt a day, which Im sure contributed to high numbers..........thats why I literally stopped it , as much as I could

its not fun seeing my Drs face when he told me to lose weight. He was dead serious and told me that if I didnt lose weight and get my bp down, that I would be facing serious challenges ahead............trust me, I didnt need him to hit me with a hammer in the head to get his point.........I just remember how concerned he was, and the look in his face.........best advice Ive ever gotten and best advice I have ever adheared to as well...........thanks for asking Lloyd
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!