Hello Everyone, New girl could use some tips!

Options
:happy: Hi! Ive tried losing weight before and always gain back eventually what I lost. Im so frustrated, but no one to blame but myself, I start off doing great then get lazy again and stop. I also changed my birth control method back in March and have gained 23 lbs not doing anything differently. What I could really use is some diet and exercise tips that have really worked for any of you and that are easy to stick to. My goal is to kick lazy's bum and make being healthy an everyday habit, as natural as breathing! I know I can!

Replies

• IbettR
    IbettR Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Hi there, not a pro, but I'm making sure to drink more water than what I even want to :drinker: LOL.
    I'm cooking more than ever! :bigsmile:
    I'm reconciling with my treadmill :laugh:
    And making sure I always have a healthy snack so I don't derail :noway:

All the best to you, and I'll send you a friend request so we can keep in touch, ok! :flowerforyou:
  • charlichickxx
    Options
    Hello New Girl!! I have never previously been able to keep a diet up for more than 4 days... I have made it to 30 today!!!! wooop!!! My advise is dont feel guilty for having a treat, just eat it and substitute the pudding you were going to have later for extra veggies. I feel hungry most of the time so i have taught myself gradually to munch on carrots, cucumber, seeds and nuts. Dont do it all at once... do it slowly. Admittedly my 1st 2 weeks had a few major fails and binges but after a while i have stopped craving the crap so much and can accept it on occassion.

As for excercise... if you dont like anything vigourous, do aqua aerobics or just swim. I personally have started gym 3 times per week (and results dont show me getting thinner yet but the machine says i have more muscle and less body fat!!) If thats not for you, the go for a walk her and there. I changed my travel to work to be by train so i have to walk the extra 10 mins each way every day... not alot but it adds up and makes a difference.

BIGGEST POINT... swap for healthier foods over 2-3 weeks Not all at once and yu wont crave them as much. Keep one treat you allow yourself and fit it in :)
  • padbh
    padbh Posts: 40
    Options
    Hello, I am new to this site also, but not new to trying to lose some weight. I have lost weight in the past with diet and excersice. I am now going to jazzercise classes whick really can give you a good work out. I am also walking to work. My weakness is munching on food without thinking about how many calories I am consuming, I am hoping this site will help me with that.
  • JayneWilson1963
    JayneWilson1963 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Welcome. I have been on MFP for 3 months, starting my 4th. It's the best decision I have made in many years. I have lost weight with diets many times before, but it was never a lifestyle change. This time is different; it's a lifestyle change, not a diet. Good luck on your weight loss journey. Please feel free to add me as a friend; we can help motivate each other.
  • Luv2bme
    Luv2bme Posts: 58
    Options
    Hey Girl!! Well, I, too, have had many ups and downs in weight loss/gain.For the past year and a half I have kept off nearly 70 lbs. I won't lie though, I couldn't do it all on my own. I did take an appetite suppressant under the supervision of my nutritionist and doctor. But once I learned how to eat, it became much easier to keep the weight off without the pill. What has worked for me is making sure to eat small portions every 2 to 3 hours. That is most important. I like to count calories, it is much easier for me than to watch my sugars, because I do looooove junk food. So I can not totally eliminate that... Also, working out a minimum of 30 minutes a day 5-7 days a week. It is very important to drink lots of water... and you are anything like me and don't like water, well, just get the crystal light on the go packages. I wish you all the luck!!!