Mother's Day plans?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
What are you all doing?

The place I wanted to go to is booked (which is probably a good thing... all you can eat brunch buffet = not a so smart idea), so I'm clueless.

Replies

• tracydr
    tracydr Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Having potluck breakfast at my brother's house.
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in college 90 miles from home and next week is finals week, so I get to stay here and call my mom and grandma instead, it's too expensive to go home and back for just a few hours. So I'll go to the school's gym when it opens up and probably get a nice little meal or snack from somewhere (ice cream mayhaps?). I'll also clean my apartment and finish up a paper if I need to. Let the fun times begin!
  • Abnersama
    Abnersama Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Not too sure about food plans yet. Me and my mom are going to a fish hatchery that she used to take me to a lot when I was younger. Might grab a hot dog from a really popular place nearby that we used to go to, too. :)
  • _mlee_
    _mlee_ Posts: 90
    Options
    No mothers day excitment for me! I've got my kids dance recitals/communion going on all weekend.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Staying home and enjoying the box of Laura Secord mint chocolates I bought.
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    We wont be doing anything. I have to do my husband's school work all weekend and I haven't been feeling too well. The kids are 2 and 5 so at least they wont remember.
  • dezb64
    dezb64 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm running a 5K and then cooking dinner at home...
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    4 day weekend for me. We are going camping.
  • paperalien
    paperalien Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Mothers day is a social Marketing Ploy Day.

If somebody loves their mum they will love them everyday! :)

My mum knows not to expect anything on mothers day. (I do however take her out to dinner the weekend after so I don't seem horrible when people ask her what her children did for her on mothers day)

I prefer to show her I love her throughout the year rather than on one set day so then she knows I do appreciate her because I appreciate her and not because I am told to by society.

Not sure if that makes me sound like a bad daughter but meh, I love my mum and she knows it so it works for me
  • Tinaatpeace
    Tinaatpeace Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My two granddaughters and I are going to make breakfast for their mom. It will be fun. The menu is yogurt with granola and blue berries, oatmeal waffles, and bacon (for my son-in-law hahaha)
  • SexiLexi1989
    SexiLexi1989 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    M hubs just came and said he was taking me out on Sunday, I said breakfast to try to beat the Mothers Day rush But....I really am not interested in going out to eat just yet. I am very new to trying to eat better and have NO CLUE how order from a menu.
    I think I am going to look up the restaurant and see what they offer that would be the 'best choices'.

But I DO appreciate his thoughtfulness...:)

And Happy Mothers days too ALL of our Mothers and care givers!
  • SexiLexi1989
    Options
    Mothers day is a social Marketing Ploy Day.

If somebody loves their mum they will love them everyday! :)

My mum knows not to expect anything on mothers day. (I do however take her out to dinner the weekend after so I don't seem horrible when people ask her what her children did for her on mothers day)

I prefer to show her I love her throughout the year rather than on one set day so then she knows I do appreciate her because I appreciate her and not because I am told to by society.

Not sure if that makes me sound like a bad daughter but meh, I love my mum and she knows it so it works for me

I don't think you sounds like a bad daughter at all. I have about the same views to most man-made holidays as what you have described. You are recognizing your Momma is important and I am sure she must love that---I know I would..:)
  • SexiLexi1989
    Options
    My two granddaughters and I are going to make breakfast for their mom. It will be fun. The menu is yogurt with granola and blue berries, oatmeal waffles, and bacon (for my son-in-law hahaha)

How nice and thoughtful!
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mother's Day having turned into a big marketing event. I let my husband know I appreciate the smaller things.

I will try and see my mum on Saturday as she works on Sundays. I have bought her a tin of tea, as that's what she is collecting at the moment. She is hard to buy for.

I had pancakes at kindy with my youngest and the kids made their mums a small gift. It's pretty special as it's the first present my daughter has given anyone for herself. It's a tree that you hang bracelets on, and bracelet and most special a photo and painting. The kids were so proud.

My eldest is in school and we have a stall where we send gifts in ($3-$5 value) . The kids bring in $3 and pick out a present. It raises money for the school and the kids enjoy it.

Sunday we are having a kid over. His mum is working and I don't know if they do Mother's Day. I have suggested to my husband that they make pancakes for brunch and depending on the weather I will take them to the park. I was thinking of make your own pizza's for lunch. Something relaxing and fun and that will fit in with a fussy 7 year old vegetarian lol.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Tell hubby to get you a gift card for a massage. I love massages and we have spas, and local places all around here that offer deep tissue massage and the prices are not bad. Plus, it will help your muscles being you workout so much. If he doesn't know where to buy the gift card, or not have the time,just tell him to give you the cash and go book it yourself
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I'm worried about Mother's Day. My daughter and sister are making lasagna and garlic bread with a green salad. For desert my daughter is making some frosted brownie/cake thing.

I know they mean well and I didn't have the heart to say no. The weak side of me is looking forward to dinner; the common sense side is doing some consistent self talk about moderation and portion control.

My sister is tall, thin, and a food pusher. I'm a people pleasing emotional eater - what a celebratory combination. My head knows old eating habits will undo any progress I've made.

My plan is to keep the salad near me and the remaining foods at the other end of the table.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I want a MICHAEL KORS handbag, but money is tight this week, so I may have to wait another week. I would like to go to dinner or get a massage at a spa
  • MildredBarhopper
    MildredBarhopper Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Taking my mom to dinner! She said she didn't want any gifts and she is really hard to buy for anyway, but I think I may get her some flowers as well.
  • kenzietate
    kenzietate Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    This is my first Mother's Day. I am not about the commercial part. I just want a quiet day with my new little family. My daughter was born 10 weeks premature and this is the first weekend she is allowed out and about in the world. So my husband, daughter and I will be going to Mass together for the first time since she was born and then coming home and making a steak dinner together. I am super excited! :)
  • schmanciepants
    schmanciepants Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I have been laying off the alcohol as I would rather eat my calories (and alcohol makes me super hungry), but I am going to have a big and delicious cocktail.....something made with salted caramel vodka....yum :drinker: