Just an idea about pedometers

Options
I've used one of those pedometers once or twice, it was kind of motivating then I stopped using them. now Im new on this website and just figuring it out... I was wondering if there's an option here to log in the steps we've done in a day so it calculates?
its probably too much detail to ask. but maybe if there's a way we can log the steps in daily, it may help lazy people like me to get motivated to do more steps... :laugh:

Replies

• robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    Write it in the Notes section of your exercise diary...
  • Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    yeah but how do I calculate?
  • robin52077
    Options
    calculate what?
  • mrspyle
    mrspyle Posts: 19
    Options
    if your ped. doesnt tell you how many calories you burned im not quite sure, but if you have one that does you can just adjust "walking" to how many it says, or just quick add the calorie amount...
  • Fatoshie
    Fatoshie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nah my pedometer only tellms me how many steps I've done, no calorie information. Maybe I should find one like you said :)
  • robin52077
    Options
    you should not count the steps you walk all day normally as exercise and log the calories. That is your normal activity level and is built into your daily calories already. Exercise calories should be added and eaten only if it is purposeful "exercise". Like changing into workout gear and working up a sweat and then taking a shower.
    If you are planning on counting the calories of just walking to and from your car, and up and down aisles of a store, or around your work or whatever, then you would be fooling yourself into believing you were burning more calories than you really are because those do not count in any way as exercise calories.

Just track your steps as motivation to keep moving throughout the day, but it does not up your calories much if any. If you have it set at sedentary and do 10000 steps a day, change it to lightly active and that will give you a few more calories, but if you are already at lightly active, then 10000 steps a day is about what you should be doing to keep that statement true as it is.