Old member returning

Options
Miss0Annie
Miss0Annie Posts: 8 Member
Hi there everyone, I have returned and this time perhaps am in a better mind as its the mind which gets me every time, so I am trying to keep positive which some days is not that easy when you have depression hanging around. My main problem is that I use food as a crutch. Am not the junk food and chocolate type but the good old bacon sandwich or two with lots of coffee and am happy. It is the bread and bread rolls that am finding hard to keep away from so any ideals as tools to use that may help then I would love to hear from you. Have a good day. Annie xx

Replies

• suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Annie! This is my 2nd time around and I'm finally back down to the weight I left off at in 2012. You're not alone. Many of us here use food to manage our feelings. I came back with a whole new attitude: this needs to be my last weight loss journey. I need to be healthy as soon as possible. Then, I started using the social network and made some very supportive friends. It has made my last weight loss journey such a joy!

I used to love bread and rice and now only enjoy them occasionally. At first, I cut back to get more nutrients into my 1230 calories/day. Then, I noticed I felt better on a mostly plant based diet. I was at a café for breakfast this morning and ordered the smoked salmon platter. A bagel was on it and, even though I had plenty of calories to cover it, I only wanted 1/2. Even more miraculous? I only wanted 1/2 the cheese, too!

Feel free to friend me, if you're looking for more support!
  • johnyork1968
    johnyork1968 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm getting started again too! Lost 35 lbs just by not eating as much and doing the Vitamix Veg thing. Now, I gotta get off the couch!!