Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Another reason the scale sucks :)

LonelyPilgrim
LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
edited September 18 in Health and Weight Loss
When you have a uber-fit boyfriend!

Feeling playful, and starting to feel fit after a good run, we were in the bathroom together getting ready for a shower.

For once, I'm not embarrassed about what I weigh, even though it's still more than I want.. it's... well, less than it was a few weeks ago, so it feels encouraging.

So I get on the scale. Triumphant in my head, when I see it settle on 147.8

I don't say anything to him, he knew me when I was about 135 so ..... the change from 152 to 147.8 isn't going to be that huge of a deal.

Then he turns around and gets on the scale. 147.8

The exact freaking same! :sick:

So, now... I'm fat again. :cry: I'm stunned that A MAN who is almost 5'11" can weigh the exact same as me.... at 5'6" (and a half.. thank you very much!). He's SKINNY but he isn't wimpy. He has muscle definition everywhere. He's FIT looking.

I guess I should be thankful that I didn't weigh more than him anymore.. that would have been even more crushing.

Replies

• LonelyPilgrim
    LonelyPilgrim Posts: 255 Member
    When you have a uber-fit boyfriend!

Feeling playful, and starting to feel fit after a good run, we were in the bathroom together getting ready for a shower.

For once, I'm not embarrassed about what I weigh, even though it's still more than I want.. it's... well, less than it was a few weeks ago, so it feels encouraging.

So I get on the scale. Triumphant in my head, when I see it settle on 147.8

I don't say anything to him, he knew me when I was about 135 so ..... the change from 152 to 147.8 isn't going to be that huge of a deal.

Then he turns around and gets on the scale. 147.8

The exact freaking same! :sick:

So, now... I'm fat again. :cry: I'm stunned that A MAN who is almost 5'11" can weigh the exact same as me.... at 5'6" (and a half.. thank you very much!). He's SKINNY but he isn't wimpy. He has muscle definition everywhere. He's FIT looking.

I guess I should be thankful that I didn't weigh more than him anymore.. that would have been even more crushing.
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    LOL...awww well ya know what I would have said....its must be broke...showing the same amount....its stuck there!!!:ohwell:

And you are a braver woman than I LOL....I don't show NOOOOO body my weigh in ...except you all LOL...:wink:

hugs! and 147.8 is pretty darn good girl!
    ali
  • grinningkat
    grinningkat Posts: 14
    Keep it up, progress takes time! I've had more than my fair share of bad weigh ins, and unfortunately my scale is digital and shows the next person who weighs in my weight.
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    My husband weighs less than I do. He weighs around 180 so I have to lose 20 lbs before I even weigh the SAME as him. :sad:

However, he does not know this. I do NOT tell him what I weigh, and never have. He knows I have weight to lose, but assumes I am way lighter than I really am. Maybe I don't look that bad??? When I lose all the weight and look totally hot, I will tell him my weight and that at my heaviest I was 240. He will never believe it!
This discussion has been closed.