Shooting for 30-Day Shred this Christmas. What do I need?

Options
I saw it at walmart. 10 bucks along with other workout videos by her. I am thinking about getting it on Christmas but what do I need? Just some weights and a mat?

Replies

• AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    yup, pretty much, though, i have hardwood floors and my mat tends to slide when using it dong this so i dont use it. my hand weights are 5 lbs but i would start with something smaller if youre just starting out. ive been working out with weights for a few months now.
  • WalkingGirl1985
    WalkingGirl1985 Posts: 2,047 Member
    Options
    Thin carpet for me.
  • AprilChampion
    AprilChampion Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    then a mat should be just fine. :)
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I don't use a mat, have carpet. The shred is mostly ok on the carpet. I wish I had a mat for her yoga dvd though.

I use 3 pound weights. Most of it is ok, sometimes they are a lot.

It is a great dvd. Good luck and have fun!!
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    If you have carpet, you really don't need a mat. Weights anywhere from 3-5 are good - 3, 4, 5 and worked my way up. Good luck, it's so much fun :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I would start out with 3 lb weights and then as you get better get some 5 lb ones.
    Just my opinion. The 5 lb one are killer when you first start out!

Dani
  • Mollydolly10
    Mollydolly10 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I would start out with 3 lb weights and then as you get better get some 5 lb ones.
    Just my opinion. The 5 lb one are killer when you first start out!

Dani

Totally agree!! I used 5 lbs for only SOME of the exercises in level 3 at the end, and used 4 for the rest - and this was the last 10 days - no way I would've been able to do that day 1-20. It's INCREDIBLE how much stronger you will feel and how much more you'll be able to do as you go through the 30 days!!
  • MKistler77
    Options
    You'll want to get a set of weights. I personally would start out with light weights. I think I started with 2 or 3 pound weights, and a mat if your working out on a hard surface. It's a great video that works if you stick with it.
  • starkiss100
    starkiss100 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I do the 30 Day shred video occasionally when I can't make it to the gym and I think the 3 lb weight are good to start off with. I have carpeting and find that works just fine.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I did start with 3 lb but moved up to 5lb (although I would switch for some of the strength). I used a mat for the floor/ab exercises.