I'm I burning cals

erin_89
erin_89 Posts: 45
edited September 22 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey everyone,

I have a question. I've been doing 35 mintue walk and I don't really start sweating until i've walk for 20 but I try to walk fast. I'm I still burning cals if I'm not sweating?

Can you still burn cals if your just walking around stores or malls but at a pace that your not sweating?

Replies

• ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Yep, just not as many per minute.
  • Yes, you definitely are. Sweat isn't a signifier. Your body burns X calories just by being alive - even if you were comatose - that's your BMR. From there, depending on your lifestyle, you burn even more calories. If you have a really active job you burn more than I do while I sit at my desk. This is why MFP wants your "lifestyle."

Since I'm sedentary if I do something like go on a 4-hour shopping spree at huge outdoor outlet mall - I log some of that walking. Because my calorie goal for the day is based on the idea of me hardly moving.

Sweat isn't really the determining factor, its all in how much you're up and about and what you're doing.
  • andy13
    andy13 Posts: 208 Member
    sure you can, just not as many as when your sweating, you should get a heart rate moniter, it lets you know how many calories your burning. I wear mine when i'm doing the house work, they all count and i'm a hungry boy!
This discussion has been closed.