how much protein

Options
hello,

i'm new here but loving the site and all the inspiration it provides...

question, if i'm working towards losing 84 lbs how much protein should I eat daily. I currently weigh 234 and my goal weight is 150?

Replies

• suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    When you enter in your height, weight, age, goal weight, how much you want to lose a week, etc. on MFP - it gives you your daily allowances for everything. You can go in the settings and choose what you'd like to track. I track calories, fat, protein, fiber, and sodium. Then you'll see it in your food diary every day! :-)
  • THEPHANTOM
    THEPHANTOM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    the going rate on how much protein you need is your lean (Muscle) body mass x 1.5. Can't really tell by your picture, but maybe you should try somewhere along the lines of 125-175g of protein (500-700 Calories). But this is such a small part of weight loss. Carbs and fats are another topic all together. Briefly though, you should try and stay far away from your simple (Fast) carbs, and stick to the complex (Slow) carbs. Fast carbs digest very quickly and turn to into sugars which are stored as fat right away. simple carbs should only be ate around a workout/cardio as it will fuel your body to keep going. Stay away from saturated/trans fats as these can be pulled from your fat reserves, however poly/monounsaturated (ie: omega 3,6,9) fats cannot be produced by the body, so you can eat fish and flax seed rich foods, or it may be easier just to buy a suplement. Green tea extract maybe helpful aswell as it will boost your metabolism faster as well as 5-6 small meals a day rather than just 3 big meals daily.

Hope this answers your question and thensome.

Good luck !!