Push-up question

Options
So I'm doing the Insanity workouts and they have a lot of push-up stuff. I have been modifying some to girl push-ups and just trying to do whatever I can in the workout.
Question is: Should I try and do 2 or 3 (thats probably all I can do) of REAL push-ups versus 20 ish of girl push-ups?
Thanks guys!!

Side Note: If anyone has facebook and wants to help me out "liking" my son's picture so we can win 100 bucks I would GREATLY appreciate it. Link: http://ow.ly/2OGPj

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I think you should continue to do the girlie pushups until you build up some upper body strength. Then switch over to regular ones.
  • Joeysgirl
    Options
    I think you should do the pushups from your knees until you get stronger. What I did when I started Insanity, was the same thing... did them on my knees. Then as I got stronger and that wasn't pushing me enough, I would add one interval doing regular push-ups and then do them on my knees for the following intervals. Then soon you will be able to do them all as regular pushups! Good luck!
  • jewahdenny
    Options
    I guess the answer is two-fold....you want to work toward doing regular push-ups but you don't want to over do it so that you can't finish your workout. I would try doing them in inervals so that you are working toward a real push up. I know in p90x there was a girl in there that Tony basically told her to do what she could and then go to girl push ups. Hope this helps and good luck.

Denny
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would do as many as you can do on your toes, and when you can't do any more, do the rest from the knees. This pushes your body to work harder and will build up your strength much faster. In fact, if you ever do P90X, you will hear Tony give that same advice.
  • Rinny_D
    Rinny_D Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Alternate and do both. Propped ones (as many as you can) 1 time and ones from your knees the next and keep going like that throughout the WO
  • dodoodoodo
    dodoodoodo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    thank you everyone!! i think i will try to do a couple on toes and then switch to knees :)