54 lbs gone, 24lbs to go

Options
I'm 26 and a mother of 3. Before I had my first child I was 125lbs..after I sky rocketed to 220lbs. some of my gain was from devoting 100% of my time to my son and not taking care of myself, the rest was giving up and not caring because my ex constantly put me down.

After I left my ex, the first year I managed to drop down to 212lbs, then 2 years later my current husband and I got pregnant with a daughter, after she was born I tried taking care of myself a little more and over the span of 3 years I dropped to 185.. I plateaued there for months, it was more than discouraging..and I gave up. Then last spring I found out i was pregnant with my 3rd child, my second daughter, I promised myself I would start over a do things differently..I hated what I saw in the mirror every day..it felt like a stranger was looking back at me. I wanted to love what I see, stop being in so much pain from joint and back problems so I could play with my kids and feel less depressed. I was going to make sure I had some time for myself!

January 27th, The day my 3rd daughter was born, was the first day of my new lifestyle and healthy eating. 5 weeks after she was born I started working out lightly (with doc's permission of course :wink: )

.It has been 3 months since she was born and today I weigh in at 154! That's 54lbs lost! I am the smallest I have been in over 7 YEARS! I still have 24lbs until I hit my ultimate goal! Is there anyone else out there that has 24lbs to go? I am looking for someone to keep up with, I love my current support on MFP but I don't have anyone with the same goal. I want someone that I can try to cross the finish line with!
Anyone out there?:flowerforyou:

Replies

• ChaplainHeavin
    ChaplainHeavin Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Something to consider: Not only should you be proud of the weight loss, but because of your decision of eating and living healthy will affect the way your children look at food and life as well. And that's a wonderful gift for a mother to give her children. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!
  • dutchi2010
    dutchi2010 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Something to consider: Not only should you be proud of the weight loss, but because of your decision of eating and living healthy will affect the way your children look at food and life as well. And that's a wonderful gift for a mother to give her children. Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Thank you so much! :happy: You made me teary eyed, I hope my children can be proud of me when they look back one day. :smile:
  • theJTfitness
    theJTfitness Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Go Brittany Go!!!! You should be extremely proud of yourself.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thank you Dutchi and theJTfitness!