mom of 2 needs support

Options
Hello, I have been trying to lose over 100 lbs for the last 3 months, and have been having a very hard time doing it on my own.. So far I am down 11 lbs, Which I am proud of.. I know I could have lost a lot more... I am trying a modified slimfast program, my doc recommended... Its not hard to do, I am finding that I am coming up with a lot of reasons to not fallow the plan and not exercise. So I decided it was time for me to find people to help keep me accountable for the things I chose to eat... If anyone is willing to help please let me know.

Thanks...

Replies

• gperry227
    Options
    I am a Mof of two also! I fi nd that this has been the most helpful website yet!!!! I can eat everyday food and st ill succeed. I have lost 21lbs ..... hang in there. It took you time to put the pounds on, it is going to take time to get them off. Don't beat yourself up.
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I am also a mom of 2, and I have lost 125 lbs in about 16 months...and the first 10 months i didnt excersise at all!!! You can do this, it is possible....i am a firm believer and proof that watching what and how much you put in your mouth is way more important then excersise....cause lets face it life is busy and we just dont always have time to work out. you will def get alot of support here...feel free to add me, and I'll help any way i can=) GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Welcome!

I'm also a mom of two, with one on the way. ;) Mine are 25 months, 11.5 months, and due in 8 weeks.
  • AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I also am a mother of two. I have been using MFP for almost 6 months now and am down 34 lbs (although not official on my ticker till friday, crossing my fingers its 35 by then). You can do this, it's about being conscious of your choices and making that effort to log in everyday and hold yourself accountable. I don't think that there is any greater feeling (other than the happiness my kids give me) than being able to put on a smaller size, or having your pants literally fall off! Stick with it and make lots of MFP buddys it helps.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Hello, you are defo in the right place, this site is fantastic :D

I am a mum of two also and it can be tricky finding time to exercise and plan food, but this site reall helps.

Feel free to add me.
  • CudyBug
    CudyBug Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Im also a mother of two. it is very difficult but you can do it. Ive lost 47 lbs since april. That is without a gym membership! you can totoally do this. If you need anything send me a message.
  • cindysimp
    cindysimp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I will add you as a friend right away because I do know how you feel. It is tough getting started and exercise is the hardest for me. Maybe we can keep each other in line!
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you every one for your response and encouragement. Sorry I dont have my glasses on right now so I cant exactly see what I am typing so if I misspell a word sorry in advance. Today has been my first successful day in a long time. I am going to count my cals from dinner... Have a wonderful nught
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Keep going, that is over 10% loss so far.

I'm no diet expert as you can see by my signature, however I have never been a big believer in Slimfast or any other diet aide or product. In fact they made me hungrier.

Here's what I do. I start my day with a bowl of cereal with skim milk, and a banana. After breakfast I drink a glass of water. Then I'm good for hours. For lunch I have yogurt and another fruit if necessary. Then at dinner I have a variety. Tonight it was cabbage soup. Last night it was an 8 oz. Salmon steak with a side salad, baked fries, and 1/2 cup of cottage cheese. Then as a snack I had a tangerine and a glass of skim milk. For all that day it only came to 1600 calories.

What I am saying is to eat real food and the right kind.

Just my humble thoughts.

Best wishes!
  • nuttybuttersmommy
    nuttybuttersmommy Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thank you every one for your responses. Today I am doing extremely well.. I just needed that extra kick to get back on track.
  • cindysimp
    cindysimp Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back on track! Sometimes a few words of encouragement make a huge difference!