NO MORE...I'M SO OVER TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT...

Options
Eating healthy and exericse is a wonderful feeling. :flowerforyou:

But losing weight stinks!!!! :grumble: The stress of watching the scale not move, stinks!!::explode:

Try this, try that, eat less carbs, eat less sugar, eat less fat, eat less everything, eat exercise calories, don't eat exercise calorie, carb cycle, calorie cycle, exercise more, more, more more!!!!! Stand on your head, hold your breath and wish away the fat!!! And then the scale will move!! HA...Right!! ! :grumble:

There I've said it!!!!:bigsmile:

So I have resolved that my body wishes to lose 0.75 lbs a month and I'm going to stop trying to get it to lose more. I guess when it is ready to kick it up it will. All I can do is eat right and exercise regularly and let nature takes its course!!!

Replies

• lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Are you losing inches and not weight? Or nothing at all? I know when I first lost weight back last September, I lost inches before I started losing more pounds.
  • soze
    soze Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I take it you are exercising. If so you may be gaining muscle. Eventually those lbs will come off.
  • ariellespiller
    Options
    Good vent!
    You spoke everything I've been thinking/griping about. :mad: Ever so frustrating .

But...losing weight does feel good. And eating right and exercising actually feels good too. You can do it! Maybe don't weigh yourself? Maybe measure yourself instead?
    Either way, consider your vent well-received!
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Are you losing inches and not weight? Or nothing at all? I know when I first lost weight back last September, I lost inches before I started losing more pounds.

In 8 MONTHS I've lost - 9LBS. I measured myself 8/10 and since then I've lost 0.5 INCHES

0.75 lbs is my average weight lose.
  • reneeot
    Options
    Good vent!
    You spoke everything I've been thinking/griping about. :mad: Ever so frustrating .

But...losing weight does feel good. And eating right and exercising actually feels good too. You can do it! Maybe don't weigh yourself? Maybe measure yourself instead?
    Either way, consider your vent well-received!

Yeah did all that, weighing only 1x a week, then weighing only 2x a month, then weighing 1x a month. Measured and re-measured. I have pictures taken for comparison. Yup done it all!! :bigsmile:
  • summrrskinny
    Options
    Don't get confused by lots of different advice, at the end of the day you need to restrict calories and exercise more, forget all the bull.
    Why not for one week eat 1000 calories a day and exercise everyday for 30 minutes doing something strenous and then see if you wanna give up?
  • reneeot
    Options
    I take it you are exercising. If so you may be gaining muscle. Eventually those lbs will come off.

"Eventually is the understatement of the year!!!' The only consolation is that I don't look what I weigh, I look less!!! :noway:

Thanks for the kind words!!
  • lordofultima
    Options
    ^Don't do what they just said. I know this is a vent against exactly what I'm about to say, but eating 1000 calories isn't going to help you lose weight.
  • reneeot
    Options
    Don't get confused by lots of different advice, at the end of the day you need to restrict calories and exercise more, forget all the bull.
    Why not for one week eat 1000 calories a day and exercise everyday for 30 minutes doing something strenous and then see if you wanna give up?

I joined MFP 4 months after I started changing my eating habits because I was told, I was not losing weight because I was eating too little. About 900-1000 calories a day. I was power walking every day 45 minutes, did that for 70 days straight. Now as of October I'm walking 3-4x a week, 45 minutes - 90 minutes.

Like I said no more jumping through hoops the result is always the same: 0.75 LBS WEIGHT LOSS EACH MONTH.
  • reneeot
    Options

That was good!! My problem started because I did not step on the scale!!!! In 40 years I only dieted one time before and quite successfully. This this 2nd time losing weight is a killer. I won't ever allow this to happen to me again!!!
  • reneeot
    Options
    ^Don't do what they just said. I know this is a vent against exactly what I'm about to say, but eating 1000 calories isn't going to help you lose weight.

:-) Before MFP I was eating less than 1000 not by choice, once I found out because of tracking my food intake I joined MFP to make sure I ate enough each day! :-)
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Here's my honest assessment from your food log....you need to clean up your diet. Things like bacon and butter and 100 calorie pack snacks should go. Same with Shakeology - eat your nutrients, don't drink them. You need much more fresh veggies and some fruit. I would change your diary to track sodium and protein. You eat a lot of processed and restaurant food. That's usually high in sodium.

I think if you switch to homemade lean meats like chicken and turkey with salt-free seasonings and no sauces, lots of steamed veggies, fresh fruits, brown rice, wheat breads, and cut out white potatoes, etc., that will help a lot. Weigh and measure everything. Also, I don't know how you're measuring your exercise calories, but if you're not using a heart rate monitor, the machine or MFP might be over-estimating them.

Sometimes you have to go hard-core to get results going. Good luck!
  • reneeot
    Options
    Here's my honest assessment from your food log....you need to clean up your diet. Things like bacon and butter and 100 calorie pack snacks should go. Same with Shakeology - eat your nutrients, don't drink them. You need much more fresh veggies and some fruit. I would change your diary to track sodium and protein. You eat a lot of processed and restaurant food. That's usually high in sodium.

I think if you switch to homemade lean meats like chicken and turkey with salt-free seasonings and no sauces, lots of steamed veggies, fresh fruits, brown rice, wheat breads, and cut out white potatoes, etc., that will help a lot. Weigh and measure everything. Also, I don't know how you're measuring your exercise calories, but if you're not using a heart rate monitor, the machine or MFP might be over-estimating them.

Sometimes you have to go hard-core to get results going. Good luck!

I have the bacon and butter because I was trying a new regimen in October. and that is what they said. If you looked at last months you wouldn't see that. I don't think 100 calorie almond packs is bad for you. That is the only 100 cal snack pack I do. My shakeology gives me a lot of the veggies/fruits and vitanmin i need each day. I dont use it as a replacement meal, I eat it as a snack. I also have no cravings because of it. I wasn't losing weight before it , I started it in June and it stays!! :-)

I don't eat alot of restaurant food. Check my diary for the past 3 months. Maybe 5 or 6 times. I eat majority of time chicken and ground turkey, whole grain, brown rice and fruit, and veggies( which I just cut for the new regimen I started in October, because watching I'm watching my sugar). I just switched my log tracking to monitor sugars. My sodium is usually under the reccommended amount given. My sister who is eating what I eat because I do all the cooking is losing weight. I'm not.

Being balanced should get results too. I went from no activity & lousy eating habits to activity every day and major overhaul in eating habits.

Thanks for checking out my food log!!! If you do a report for the past 90 day, you'd see I rarely eat over 1200 calories, so the exercise calories I log without a HRM should not be an issue.

MY POINT IS THIS: SOME PEOPLE CAN LOSE WEIGHT EASY AND SOME NOT. I FALL IN THE CATEGORY OF NOT SO EASY. IT WILL COME IN ITS OWN DO TIME. JUST TAKING ME LONGER!! SO I'M NO LONGER TRYING TO MAKE MY BODY DO WHAT IT DOES NOT WANT TO DO.

I've lost weight only 1 other time in my life. 35lbs without any major changes, except limiting carbs to 60 a day, I still ate junk food and hershey bar everynight. Why did I lose weight? who knows my body did it. :-)
  • Bermudabarbie
    Bermudabarbie Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ok. I don't have any ultimate answers. You are correct. You can't force the weight loss. Either it starts to melt off, or you're screwed.

Just a suggestion: log in and journal daily. Read everyone's diaries to try to get some suggestions. Sometmes you see something that may give you a new meal suggestion.

Go shopping but don't buy anything. Just look -- for motivation.

Review the profiles of some of the really big gals on MFP. See what motivates them and understand we all have difficult journeys.

You can take a break for however long you need. But please, please don't give up.

Add me as a friend, if you'd like.

Just don't give up on yourself.
  • DancingYogini
    Options
    Ok...first, you are a riot...I love your wit :smile: Second, have you ever had your Thyroid tested? It seems to me that either your metabolism just slowed up the minute you turned 40 (which can happen-don't you love hitting that milestone:laugh: ), or maybe something else is preventing you from losing the weight. If you and your sister are eating the same things, and she is losing weight, while you are not, I would start looking for reasons. I would have a full physical, and maybe even think of talking to a dietician. Hang in there...you have a great outlook on life!
  • reneeot
    Options
    Ok...first, you are a riot...I love your wit :smile: Second, have you ever had your Thyroid tested? It seems to me that either your metabolism just slowed up the minute you turned 40 (which can happen-don't you love hitting that milestone:laugh: ), or maybe something else is preventing you from losing the weight. If you and your sister are eating the same things, and she is losing weight, while you are not, I would start looking for reasons. I would have a full physical, and maybe even think of talking to a dietician. Hang in there...you have a great outlook on life!

Yup!! Thyroid tested 9/30/10 FTF 1.0 within in range (0.8-1-5) TSH 1.2 within range (0.358-3.740).

I won't give up!!! Just no longer obsessing about seeing the scale go down!!!
  • Minoesh
    Minoesh Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lol, I know exactly what you mean!! :-)

The way I see it, even though you feel the weight loss is really slow, you're still losing and that in my book is what counts. It's a steady, healthy loss and means you won't put it back on again - also, it gives your skin time to adjust so you won't end up with loads of loose skin. There really are some great benefits with losing weight slowly, just keep doing what you're doing and enjoy the journey along the way :-)
  • reneeot
    Options
    WAHOO!! Day 1!! Renee is going to follow no one (Atkins, SouthBeath, Jorge Cruise, French women don't get fat, and etc) I've read them all! I've got the info and lets see what I do with it on my own!!! If I go over my fats today! Horrors!! How about my caloric intake!! Oh no I must punish myself by NOT working out an extra 30 minutes!!!

Let's see if NOT trying to mircromanage will ruin me!! Today I might even have a banana today even though it has too many carbs and too many sugar! I'm going to live on the edge!!!! :-)

I'd ask others to join me but I don't want anyone else to fall off the cliff, if I'm going head first down the path of stupidity!!!::embarassed:

If I'm going to lose less than 1lb amonth, atleast I'll do it with a smile on my face!! :flowerforyou:
    :-)
  • lrk93101
    lrk93101 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I am totally frustrated as well. Micromanaging is not getting me anywhere. I did read a great book that might help you though. It's called Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth. Don't let the God part scare you off - it's not a "religious" book per se, just helps you to tune in to your own body. Good Luck! Can you post again in a few weeks so we can see how you are doing?