Another shout out for Stronglifts for women!

Options
SandraNancy
SandraNancy Posts: 127 Member
I've been doing Stronglifts regularly for 3.5 months now (with a 2 week hiatus when I was in Costa Rica. There was no gym, and since I was biking, hiking, rafting and kayaking 5-9 hours a day, I was pretty done at the end of the day anyway).

In the first two weeks of Stronglifts, I "gained" 5+ lbs, up to 145lbs (I'm 5'7, for reference). I suspect that some or most of that was water weight (because there's no way I ate 17 500 calories extra in those first two weeks!). I was a bit discouraged, but I could see that I was losing inches, and what I was seeing in the mirror was looking more toned, so I kept at it.

When I came back from my intense trip to Costa Rica I had lost 2lbs, down to 143lbs. Since I was expending about 2500-4000 calories each day, I wasn't too surprised. Still, I figured some of that would come back after the trip. It's almost three weeks later today, and I weighed myself fully expecting to be at 145lbs or so.

141lbs!!! I'm down two more pounds, and that's mainly lifting, with some bike riding thrown in there. I've been eating about 1800 calories a day, so certainly not going hungry. I'm finally seeing some actual fat loss, and I attribute it to the weight lifting. My body fat percentage has gone from 24.65% when I started lifting to 22.6% today. My goal is to get to 20% slowly but surely, so that I keep the muscles I've been working so hard to develop. I can't wait to see where I wind up in the next 3 months!

I know I comb the messages boards looking for ladies who are experiencing success with heavy lifting, so I wanted to be one more voice championing the results you can get. Hurray for muscles!

Replies

• kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    Nice results so far!! I also fully accredit my physique to lifting! I love it!
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Great job! I'm starting soon, and this is very inspirational :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!