Yanicka1
Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
They say it's not people but I have my doubts

http://soylent.me/

Replies

• jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    well if it looks like people, smells like people, tastes like people......it's probably........\m/
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I was a 70's kid, I could never order this stuff without thinking "Soylent Green is PEOPLE!"
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Wow... I would've picked another name, this is just creepy.
  • So_Much_Fab
    So_Much_Fab Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Soylent is the new Shakeology!
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Sounds ok as a supplement, but nothing should totally replace food...
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    They should consider making a low-carb version.

I would never replace a meal with a drink, liquids just aren't filling, but I would try cooking barley or rice in it. Of course, this would completely skew the macro balance given their current formula.
  • BogQueen1
    BogQueen1 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I've honestly been doing some research into this recently. It kind of seems like it could be a better quality meal replacement then say a Slim Fast or whatever. Maybe adjusting protein levels to fit your particular wants or whatever. Theres a whole website dedicated to people who have tinkered with the formula and personalized it. Adding cocoa powder, etc. Or just drinking this and eating fruits and veggies during the week, and normal foods on the weekends. I could see how it could be used like that.

And yes. Charlton Heston. SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!

Fun fact: They actually took the name from the story that the movie was based on, it was supposed to be a combo of soybeans and lentils, hence the soylent. In the book, they aren't eating people.