Calories from Exercising

Options
Who eats the extra cals they burn when they exercise? not sure if my question makes sense. When I enter in my exercise for the day my tracker says I have earned xxx amount of extra calories I can consume... How many of you actually eat those extra cals?

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I eat most of mine.
  • ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I do not generally eat them... but.. if I am super hungry and want something to eat.. I do dab into them from time to time...
  • missyhse
    missyhse Posts: 189
    Options
    I eat all or at least most of my exercise calories. Your daily deficit is built in on this system for a healthy weight loss.
  • ahkunkel
    Options
    I eat my calories if I'm hungry. For instance, tonight I really wanted icecream so I dipped into my exercise calories, ate my icecream, and didn't feel the least bit of guilt. However, I don't eat those calories just to eat the calories, especially if I know I'm not hungry. Although it's important not to eat too few calories, it's also important for me to learn how to take cues from my body, i.e. hungry and full, and eat when it is needed.
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I eat some of them most of the time and all of them on rare, debauched occasions. They are mine. I earned them.
  • monicawildonger
    monicawildonger Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    If I'm hungry I will use my exercise calories but I rarely have to do that if I eat all my daily allotted calories.:happy:
  • triscuitsmom08
    triscuitsmom08 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I for some reason can only eat small portions at a time so I struggle to eat the daily amount of calories Im supposed to let alone the extra ones, however today was a good day so I ate my exercise calories. :D I suggest eating at least half of them since they are meant to help you burn healthy calories
  • MsLisaB
    MsLisaB Posts: 256
    Options
    I used to try not to eat them but after really examining my nett calorie intake over the week and how I feel generally I noticed that if my nett calories drop more than 500 cals below my target calories over the course of the week (adding up the deficit day to day) I start to feel really off and not myself. I started eating at least 1/2 (if not most) of my exercise cals last week and not only do I feel much better but my weight loss last week was 2 - 3 times more than previous weeks.

That being said, eating your exercise cals is a personal thing and what works for one person may not necessarily work for another.
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I never eat any of my exercise calories.

Vickie
  • TXGrl65
    TXGrl65 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat some of them, sometimes none, but I do not eat them all. If I get that 'starving mode' message I try to put in something extra via little or no fat snack.
  • Ravyn1982
    Ravyn1982 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    My doctor told me I only need to eat them if I feel hungry. If I'm not hungry don't even bother. Most doctors will tell you this. As you get more into the healthier lifestyle it will become easier to do without having to worry about.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I generally don't eat them. That being said, if I know I'm having a big dinner, or a special occasion, and I end up eating them, I don't feel bad. I try not to use them, but if circumstances are so that I do eat them, I don't lose sleep over it.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    I usually eat at least half of them
  • ColoradoClyde
    Options
    I tend to eat most of them because working out makes me pretty hungry :smile: I try not to eat ALL of them just because I don't trust that the workout numbers are accurate. And I know the numbers on the cardio machines at the gym are wrong, since they never include your base metabolic rate.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Now that I am maintaining, sometimes there are just too many calories to eat when I work out hard (unless I eat them with twinkies and chocolates, which I try not to do!). I figure that my body will naturally find my perfect weight if I try to eat healthy foods moderately, and exercise regularly.

That being said, when I was trying to lose and my calorie allotment was small, I NEEDED those exercise calories to keep from starving!!!