Change calorie intake

This is my first post here and I need a little help. I usually just search and read other posts, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for. In total I've lost 38lbs and I'm 2lbs away from my goal which is 160. I'd like to change to 150 and see how I feel their. Anyways, I've been eating 1200 cal, 2lbs/wk, which mfp recommended as well as a nutritionist. I'd like to up my calories without gaining weight. Now that im closer to my goal, I'm not satisfied at how much I'm eating although I drink lots of water, eat protein and good fats. I'm 5'4, 24, and female. A lot of the calculators have given me different answers and I'd like to choose the right one. I'm doing this by myself and I'm a little lost.

Replies

• missy5290
    missy5290 Posts: 68 Member
    Also, I no longer have access to the nutritionist, being in a new city and all. I also meet for the first time with a personal trainer next Friday and I'm sure she can help me out as well.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    k first off 2lbs a week is too fast...

A nutrionist is not a professional btw...anyone can become one with an online course...and a couple hundred dollars.

For 10-20lbs you should aim for about 1/2lb a week.

Enter that into MFP, you activity level and it will give you your NEAT number...then you log your exercise calories and eat back 50-75% of those to Net at least 1200...bare minimum for a woman.

I currently weight 156lbs...exercise 5-6x a week (3 weight lifting sessions, 2-3 cardio/HIIT) and I eat 1800 and lose about 1/2lb a week.