Help w/ motivation and dieting

Options
A couple years ago I lost 50 lbs using phentermine and I still have 60-70 lbs to go. I actually tried that again last year, but after the first month it did nothing for me.

I would like to get healthy. I have trouble picking foods to eat though that will keep me satisfied. I feel like I'm just hungry all the time and all I do is think about food. So then I keep cheating on my diet. And I'm never motivated to work out even though I know I will feel SO much better.

Fitting into and looking good in clothes is probably my only real motivation and even then I really don't care sometimes! Vacations are obviously good motivators because you want to look good but it's like out of sight, out of mind.

So what are some good ways to stay motivated? The only time I really have for working out is in the morning and I am NOT a morning person and very much dislike having to get up earlier, so this takes super motivation haha

Also, suggestions on foods to eat that keep you full longer? I am also not opposed to taking supplements. I am currently trying NutriPex but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.

Thanks!

Replies

• leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    First, do something you actually like. Makes exercise a heck of a lot easier. I hate lifting, hate working out in a gym, so I don't do it. I walk, run, hike, go to the beach and jump in the waves, whatever I feel like. I do my abs in the am because 10 minutes makes a huge difference and I don't mind doing them.

For food. I use a lot of what other folks would call subs. I like toast. But I eat spray butter and 40 cal wheat toast instead of spread butter and 90 or 120 cal a slice white bread. I like sundays. So I eat sugar free whip on sugar free low cal yogurt with chocolate sprinkles (measured of course!). I like Hispanic food. Chicken picante is one of my favs. If I eat rice, it's brown rice. Fillers for me are pickles (yum!), granny smith apples, strawberries, etc.

I eat weekly cals instead of daily. So some days I eat almost nada and others I eat quite a bit.

Hope this help some and good luck!
  • rm33064
    rm33064 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Avoid carbs, especially starches and sugars and your calories will go a lot further. Protein and fiber just keep you fuller for longer so you won't be hungry all the time. Exercise will also help you a lot in your journey. Not only will you get to eat more calories but your mood and energy levels will be greatly improved. If you have to make yourself at first then do whatever you have to do. The more consistently you exercise, the better you will feel and the easier it will be to do every day.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you are having trouble staying motivated and are looking for support, I help to run support groups through Facebook. We have lots of people in there that are improving themselves and helping everyone else to stay accountable. We teach about proper nutrition and how to exercise. I'd be happy to chat with you about it if that is something that you're looking for.

Allan