About what size do you think a 115lb girl would be?

Options
I have a friend who is about 5'4... 5'5 and is super skinny. 125lbs. She wears a size 0. I also have a friend who is like a 4'11, and 130 she wears a size 5. If I'm about 105-115 about what size do you think I could be? 3? 5?

I know it's different for everyone, but I just kinda want an idea of what I could possibly be.

I HATE being a size 12ish...

I'm about 5'2 by the way

Replies

• IIIIISerenityNowIIIII
    IIIIISerenityNowIIIII Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    My guess is 0
  • SJ46
    SJ46 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Either 0 or 2
  • mlyn0812
    mlyn0812 Posts: 31
    Options
    Depends on height, body frame, body fat percentage...Two people can weigh the same and look completely different. The scale number doesn't tell the whole story.
  • proudjmmom
    proudjmmom Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and maintain weight between 115-118lbs. I wear a size 4 jeans and xs/s shirts. It all depends on your body.
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Have you see this thread? http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1283044-135-vs-135-4-size-difference
    You can be 3 different sizes just from different brands. Do what is best for your body, not an ideal pant size, since they can vary as it is.
  • DucklingtoSwan
    DucklingtoSwan Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    he he, I was about to post a link to the same thread :laugh: It is a great example of how weight and size do not always correlate.
  • kmkgurl
    kmkgurl Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and hover between 112 and 115 right now and wear a size 6 or7 pants Sometimes a 5, but I think my hips are pretty big there is no way I would be able to fit into a size 2 or a 0. It depends on your frame size and how your body carries the weight. Just keep going measure yourself and focus more on how stuff fits. Just go till you feel comfortable.
  • Briargrey
    Briargrey Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    Sizing really has changed. When I weighed around 115, I was a size 7...back in the late 80s. As I crept up into the 120s, I was 9/10 and even 11/12. I'm 5'1". Now, at 179, I'm in 14s for the most part, the occasional 16, depending on the cut. A size 0-4 would be under 110 at 5'1" in my experience, but I guess the sizes really have gotten bigger over the years?
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body fat %.
  • chelseasans
    chelseasans Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    im 115 and a size 0-2
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I probably shouldn't say, "spinner" right? ok. I won't.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Um. Small?
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Oooo! Oooo! It's a riddle!! I love riddles!!

Ok. Ok. Ok.

*thinks*

GIRL #2 IS ACTUALLY GIRL #3'S SECOND COUSIN.

Amirite??!?!

No, wait.

How old are they?
  • skiextrm
    skiextrm Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Is it just me, or does this sound like a very young person's question?
  • cgardner75
    cgardner75 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm 5'7". When I was 125 lbs, I was wearing a size 4. I'm 135 now and wearing a size 6. That said, I have 3 kids, so like another poster said, my hips are permanent, the bones are not going to narrow back down no matter how hard I work at it, so the chances of my ever being a zero are low.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Not sure how anyone's giving you a size. It depends on height, body fat % and body type.

I was in a 7/8 when I was 115 and used to wonder why shorter, heavier girls were in 00s. Lots of factors at play in sizing (including brands themselves).
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    size 4. b/c I've been that.
  • Sovi_
    Sovi_ Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Not sure how anyone's giving you a size. It depends on height, body fat % and body type.

I was in a 7/8 when I was 115 and used to wonder why shorter, heavier girls were in 00s. Lots of factors at play in sizing (including brands themselves).

And where you shop
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Honestly it depends on body type and size. Ignore the numbers and go by how you feel you look? I'm 5'5" and weigh 158lbs, wear a size 14/15 jeans and XLg top. One of my friends is 5"5", weighs 172lbs and wears a size 8 jeans and medium top. I carry my weight in my hips and breasts, she carries hers in her tummy... you wouldn't think it makes that much of a difference but it does..
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,688 Member
    Options
    Body composition matters too. Are you fat, lean or buffed?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition