Geologist losing weight

Options
Greetings!

I joined myfitnesspal because I recently got their Ipod app and boy has it been helpful! It's astonishing to really see how much you eat everyday.

Anyways, I'm a geologist and have a strange schedule and work environment. I work 4 weeks at a time for 12 hours a day then have 2 weeks off. Most of those 12 hours is sitting, but occasionally there are physical activities and labor involved working on the rig. Also, I'm staying in a motel for those 4 weeks-no kitchen and only a little fridge. So you can see how eating healthy can be a bit challenging here. I'm only home for 2 weeks, where I can finally cook! What I would give to be home and cook all the time. I figured after college I'd eat healthier-yeah right. And it looks like I'm going back to Graduate school next Fall. Any healthy eating advice for someone like me on the go constantly? A rule of thumb for me is I only eat half and save the rest for later.

I'm also trying to lose the belly fat-but someone posted a rule of thumb with fat-first on first off, last on last off. Is this true?

Replies

• Amarillo_NDN
    Amarillo_NDN Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    wormy_waving.gif

Welcome to MFP
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Hello fellow geologist! I am sitting at a rig working night shift right now. I am lucky enough to usually have a shack on site and a fridge, but for the times I don't. I always bring a toaster oven with me. Between that and a microwave, you can cook almost anything. I have been doing this since April and am finding it easier to eat healthy and keep the snacking to a minimum. Send me a friend request if you want. :flowerforyou: